n the last year, Fiveable has grown from 5 employees to 20 full time staff members, 14 part time staff members, and a whole host of student interns and teacher creators. As Fiveable continues to grow its influence in the edtech space, we need to level up our ability to attract high-quality talent across our departments. As the Talent Acquisition Manager, you will be a leader in developing our long-term hiring strategy, laying the foundation for how we identify and execute on our hiring needs. You will also be responsible for growing our sourcing, recruiting, and hiring processes from end to end.
You thrive in stressful situations and feel comfortable making decisions that benefit and center the needs of the company. Building new systems, optimizing existing infrastructure, and creating cross-functional feedback loops genuinely excite you. Most importantly, you aren’t afraid to experiment, fail, learn from your efforts, and try again.
- Creative – You always find a way to get something done.
- Passionate – You care deeply and pour yourself into what you do.
- Efficient – You work smarter, not harder.
- Candid – You communicate consistently and authentically.
- Flexible – You go with the flow and find new paths to your goals.
- A Problem-Solver – You take initiative to present solutions to problems that you encounter or notice.
- 2-3 years experience with full-cycle recruiting, using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with industry trends
- Specific experience in technical recruiting preferred
- Interest in and passion for educational equity is a plus!
💡Own Fiveable’s recruiting and hiring process lifecycle.
Big Picture Objectives
- Develop a robust hiring strategy and roadmap to ensure the staffing needs of the company are consistently met
- Input into overall hiring strategy of the organization to ensure our teams consist of a diverse set of qualified individuals
- Devise and implement sourcing strategies to build pipelines of potential applicants, such as employer branding initiatives
- Create and implement end-to-end candidate hiring processes to ensure a positive experience
- Ensure all screening, hiring, and selection is done in accordance with employment laws and regulations
- Stay up to date on recruiting trends and best practices, especially when it comes to building diverse teams
- Work with relevant departments to create job postings, job descriptions, and position requirements
- Proactively source and attract passive candidates through a variety of methods, building a consistent pipeline of talent for high priority and hard-to-fill positions
- Screen candidates by reviewing resumes and job applications, and performing phone screenings
- Facilitate the offer process by extending the offer and negotiating employment terms
💅 Benefits of Working at Fiveable
Fiveable is a small, but growing edtech startup that is fiercely committed to its employees. Here is what you can expect from your Fiveable experience:
- A front row seat to education innovation at an early stage startup
- A company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity
- The opportunity to be a leader, move quickly, and have end-to-end ownership
- A team culture centered around appreciation, feedback, and growth-mindedness
- Comprehensive benefits (Health, Dental, and Vision)
- Competitive compensation with stock options
- Unlimited paid days off, as well as a monthly health and wellness stipend
- The ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world and build your home office with a generous stipend