Dragos has an opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineering Quality Engineer to join our growing Quality Engineering team and make great contributions to our mission of Safeguarding Civilization. As a Senior Systems Engineering QE, reporting to the Manager of Quality Engineering, you will be embedded in our Systems Engineering team, but will have both a performance test team as well as a team of SDETs as partners. You will document and execute test cases in support of system-level changes, both bare metal and virtualized, as well as containerized. You will be the champion of quality in Systems Engineering and work with a team of 6 developers to ensure their changes add value without causing issues. Many of the tests you author will be built into our pipeline with help from our team of SDETs.
Our headquarters is located in Hanover, MD, and you have the flexibility of either working from home or out of our office post-COVID. Remote workers will be expected to travel to Hanover MD a minimum of 6 times per year. Must be eligible for work in and live within the United States.
- Create systems engineering test plans and relevant test data
- Collaborate with Product, Systems Engineering, and QE Performance team to validate hardware and software deployments meet system requirements
- Identify opportunities to improve test capabilities and procedures to achieve increased efficiency in validation of various bare metal and virtualized configurations
- Provide Program Level reporting of Systems Engineering tests; ability to communicate at a technical level to systems engineers/integrators to high level executive summaries
- Track key Project/Release milestones at a program level and feed into overall program milestones
- Be responsible for test artifacts and documentation and audit compliance in alignment to organizational standards
- Proven Analytical and problem-solving abilities to effectively prioritize & execute tasks in a high-pressure and time-to-market environment
- 8+ years’ experience in Systems Engineering or Enterprise Servers/Networking test role
- Experience in tool setup, performance scripting, dashboard integration and shifting validation of configs and deployments into CI/CD pipeline and PreProd environments
- Strong UNIX/Linux skills, from Administrative perspective
- Expertise in x86 server/storage hardware, HPe and Dell preferred, embedded industrial systems such as SEL are a plus.
- Understanding of x86 architecture, hardware/software interactions, and impacts that HW conﬁgurations may have on software performance (i.e. NUMA node optimizations, CPU core aﬃnities, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise with and understanding of TCP/IP, including routers, switches, ﬁrewalls, and familiarity with the OSI Network Model and how it relates to Linux/UNIX components.
- Needs to be a highly motivated self-starter
- Team player and collaborative.
- Experience with BASH, cshell, python, and Microsoft Powershell scripting
- Experience with Packer, Jenkins, BitBucket, and Terraform
- Experience with Python Test automation frameworks such as pyTest
- Experience with virtualization and hypervisors like VMWare ESX, KVM, Microsoft Hyper-V, Xen, and container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Previous work with an ICS/Internet security product back-end
- Experience with administration, monitoring and tuning of big data application stacks and pipelines, i.e. Elastic Search, Mongo, Niﬁ, Redis, RabbitMQ