Supportability Program Managers are hands-on, technical subject matter experts who work cross-functionally across the Product, Engineering, and Customer Support teams. In this high-impact role, you will work with Cloudflare’s Network Services products, where you will directly shape our Support strategy for Network Services products, as well as how pain points, bugs, and questions from customers are addressed, enabling the Support team to best support our layer 3/4 products. The goals are to improve product supportability, reduce customer contact rates and escalations, and to improve the customer experience, while also supporting new go-to-market preparedness efforts for any new Network Services features.
- Enable customers to easily adopt and use our Network Services products by identifying usability issues and working closely with the Product and Engineering teams to unblock them
- Regularly meet with the Product and Engineering teams for Network Services products
- Manage key Supportability metrics for specific Network Services products, including contact rate, escalation rate, support efficiency, and product CSAT
- Manage a top issues tracker for Network Services products
- Using a metrics-driven approach, work with Product and Engineering to advocate for product or content improvements needed to improve Supportability
- Influence Product design and roadmap for optimal customer experience, and to help drive product adoption
- Work with the New Product Introduction (NPI) business function on Go-to-market (GTM) readiness efforts, monitoring Product roadmaps and release schedules, and preparing the Support team to support new releases
- Help enable and upskill team members on Network Services products, as needed
- Support the creation and maintenance of internal and external facing Network Services content
- Review escalated customer inquiries to identify product and content needs, and to help Escalation Engineers, as well as Product and Engineering teams resolve complex customer issues
- Maintain testing and reproduction environments
- Experience working as a network engineer or network security engineer or proficiency in OSI layers 2, 3 and 4
- Experience with network and security technology, protocols and tools
- HTTP, TCP, BGP, UDP, GRE, IPSec, DHCP, etc.
- IP tables, looking glass, PCAP, etc.
- curl, dig, traceroute, openssl, git, etc.
- Expertise with Cloudflare’s Network Services products: Magic Transit, Magic Firewall, Magic WAN, Magic Network Monitoring, CNI / PNI, Spectrum, Argo, Orpheus, BYOIP, etc.
- Excellent debugging skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues to resolution
- Great cross-functional collaboration skills, ability to work effectively with many different teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Self-motivated, can positively influence others, team player, problem solver
- Technical Support or Product Operations experience
- Strong project and change management skills
- Executive presentation and training skills
- Experience with OSI layer 7 web application technologies, tools, and security
- SQL and other database management tools
- Analytical mindset and experience working with raw or imperfect data
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $100,000 – 122,000
- For New York City-based and California (excluding Bay Area) and Washington hires: Estimated annual salary of $112,000 – $136,000.
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $118,000 – $144,000.
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave