Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Support Lead to join our Social Support team in Vancouver. This person will work closely with the Customer Support Manager to help scale our social support capabilities and later lead a small social support team. They will also work cross-functionally and create delightful customer experiences across public-facing channels—from Instagram to app store reviews. Their empathetic interactions with Grammarly users will reinforce Grammarly’s mission and values by addressing user needs with care and attention.
The first six to twelve months in the role will be as a Customer Support Specialist, allowing the Support Lead to become familiar with our tools and processes and grow as an expert individual contributor. After at least twelve months in the role and having demonstrated exceptional performance, this person will eventually lead a small team of Social Support Specialists.
Grammarly exists to improve lives by improving communication, and as a Support Lead, you’ll directly contribute to this effort by improving communication with people using Grammarly every day. As the voice of Grammarly in social media responses, you will help our Social Support team write tight, on-brand responses to our users. You’ll also contribute to helping us scale a community engagement program with support from our Social Media team.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the quality assurance process for our Social Support team in North America.
- Coach team members on their responses and help them reach their quality targets.
- Be responsible for handling social media escalations and partnering with our Communications team accordingly.
- Build your skills in handling more brand-forward and high-impact types of requests, eventually managing responses on social channels relating to sensitive issues and privacy-related queries.
- Evaluate Grammarly’s social support practices and optimize these processes.
- Utilize social listening capabilities and share insights and recommendations to the business.
- Play an instrumental role in helping us scale across new social platforms.
- Assist with response strategies surrounding product launches.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has social media support experience (and 3–5 years overall in customer support).
- Cares deeply about the success of their team members’ development and is comfortable providing constructive feedback and growth plans.
- Has very strong writing skills—with the ability to write excellent copy for different channels and situations, plus an adeptness in crafting short, easy-to-read sentences.
- Has strong leadership skills and can make decisions independently.
- Knows the public-facing support and social media landscape through past experience with public channels—and is eager to continue to work in social media.
- Is an empathetic and active listener with a solid understanding of tone matching.
- Can write empathetic, on-brand responses that make our users feel heard, understood, and taken care of.
- Thrives in an environment where change is the norm while still delivering great service amid changing social media landscapes and priorities.