The Customer Value team at Databook is composed of two functions: Strategy & Operations (S&O) and Value Architecture. Our Value Architecture team is at the heart of everything Databook does: supporting pre-sales, post-sales and product development of the Databook platform. We work directly with prospective and existing clients to deliver value and insights about Databook, helping them drive their sales transformation efforts, better understand target clients, increase executive engagement and deliver larger deals. We serve as analytics gurus, helping define the future of Databook’s platform as it relates to customer use cases and value.
Databook is seeking a Strategy Consultant for its Value Architecture team to deliver actionable insights for high-level internal & external stakeholders. You’ll lead a small team of Analysts to drive our go-to-market and customer success motions. If you’re passionate about enterprise technology, wish to become a world-class consultant, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then Databook’s Value Architecture team is perfect for you!
What you’ll do:
- Research: Help to identify new insights from investor presentations and financial reporting (10K, 10Q, DEF 14), expand Databook’s thought leadership library, and manage our approach to data aggregation and IP development.
- Business Development + Strategy & Operations: Prepare presentations analyzing financial performance and business strategy of Databook customers/prospects, and help configure Databook platform for new customers.
- Product Development: Support ongoing product development tasks to enhance platform insights and support internal product operations and help in executing the product roadmap.
- Meet regularly with Databook go-to-market teams to align on company objectives within an account.
- Train and coach junior analysts on specific projects, mentor peers to scale and develop expertise, and contribute to team camaraderie and cohesiveness.
- Undergo mentoring sessions with Databook’s top executives.
- 3-5 years of relevant strategy consulting or financial analysis experience, or a Master’s degree in Business, Finance or Economics plus 2 years of relevant work experience
- Project management experience with a demonstrated ability to run multiple engagements in parallel and aptitude for process creation and implementation
- Ability to synthesize disparate pieces of information to create a company point of view
- High level of familiarity with income statements and financial metrics
- Exceptional communication skills, specifically the ability to present analysis to senior stakeholders and communicate complex concepts succinctly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g. VLOOKUPs, Pivot Tables)
- High level of attention to detail with strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- Collaborative mentality by prioritizing ‘we’ and not focusing on ‘me’, working effectively with go-to-market and product
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience providing training to customer or other stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides (Power BI a plus)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
Join us and enjoy these perks!
- Competitive salary with bonus
- 401K/retirement contributions
- 4 weeks vacation plus public holidays
- Employee referral bonus program
- Complimentary subscription to Masterclass
- $750 (or local currency equivalent) budget for home office equipment
- $500 USD (or local currency equivalent) learning stipend to spend on books, courses or other training materials that help you develop skills relevant to your role or professional development
Databook provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all empl