About the Role:
- As the Product Enablement Strategic Technology Partner, you will work with teams throughout the organization. You will identify and realize opportunities to leverage technology and business processes with a specific focus on enabling clinical and practice operations teams to execute against our ambitious organizational goals. You’ll work in close collaboration with the Clinical Informatics and Practice Operations teams to support the use of technology to scale our business, operations, and care model. You will play a pivotal role in making connections across the organization to inform and design business processes and tools to support a best-in-class experience for providers, operational staff and care teams as they engage with our technology suite. You will also have the opportunity to execute on these systems and own ongoing performance improvement on mission-critical metrics.
- Success in this role will require excellent organizational and planning skills, ability to think strategically and execute efficiently, empathy, the ability to build and maintain strong relationships across the company, and a dynamic communication style. Your primary initial collaborators will be the Practice Operations and Clinical Informatics teams, as well as clinically-focused product teams. Your stakeholders and clients will be myriad, including Product and Engineering, Clinical Leadership, Revenue Cycle Management, Market Operations, Practice Operations, and others.
- The ideal candidate learns quickly, takes initiative, and can work collaboratively. If you draw insights from data, like solving hard problems, have experience serving on teams to support high-impact projects and initiatives, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
Requirements for the Role:
- 3 years of professional experience as an operator in a healthcare start-up or delivery organization, or in healthcare consulting – OR – the equivalent combination of graduate education and professional experience.
- Experience in a system support capacity for an electronic health record and other clinical applications. Experience with athenaOne, in particular, is desirable but not required.
- Very organized and detail oriented with a process-oriented mindset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment. Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships across departments, understanding the need to bring in key team members at the appropriate time.
- Experience building/collaborating on operational and clinical workflows and/or healthcare process improvement.
- Interest and comfort working within a fast-moving, ambiguous, ever-evolving startup environment.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $95,472 to $106,080. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.