As the Strategic HR Business Partner, you will be an internal consultant and business partner for the Customer & Revenue Operations organization. You will be responsible for collaborating and responding proactively to the unique needs that the business function requires. Providing proactive consultation in all areas of workforce planning, including talent management, employee relations, organizational effectiveness, restructuring, employee engagement, and People Manager/Leadership development. This includes identifying and resolving critical issues for the client groups and the proactive implementation of best practices that promote and develop a highly positive and engaged workforce. The Strategic HR Business Partner will be a cultural ambassador collaborating with employees and leaders to Make Work Life Better for Ceridian.
What you’ll get to do
- As a trusted Advisor, you will establish close relationships built on trust, act as the sounding board, have open and direct conversations, challenge ideas, and provide opinions to influence business decisions.
- Have a strong understanding of Ceridian’s business drivers and cultural/organizational dynamics, and in partnership with the leaders, you will provide organizational and people-related strategy recommendations to resolve business challenges.
- Maintain and improve all channels of employee relations, ensuring compliance with local jurisdictions and working in tandem with regional HR leadership to support.
- Handle employee relations issues and/or sensitive data issues requiring discretion partnering with legal, investigations, and security.
- Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends, recommend solutions to business challenges, and improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Partner closely with Talent Acquisition to identify and attract top talent; identify opportunities for internal talent mobility
- Collaborate with Talent Management on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment to support the successful implementation of Ceridian’s strategic imperatives.
- Proactively identify training and development needs for individuals and teams and execute training and education for career development; support the design and delivery of training and education for career development
- Partner with the Total Rewards team in driving compensation and benefits strategies and proactively identify challenges and opportunities within your client group(s)
- Lead high-impact projects with on-time delivery, measurable outcomes and impact, and robust communication/change management; drive HR events such as annual review, compensation, and policy-related implementations
- Collaborate closely with other regional HRBP business partners to exchange best practices and ensure we are consistently delivering best-in-class service to our clients
- Ability to communicate ideas, data, and thoughts verbally and written well. Be comfortable challenging ideas and holding space for other perspectives to be heard.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What’s in it for you
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you’re living: volunteer days, Ceridian-sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- A fast-moving, innovative culture where people are at the core of what we do.
- The opportunity to be on the ground floor of influencing Ceridian’s future success.
- The power to make decisions that are in the best interest of Ceridian and our people.
- A highly flexible work environment so you can be the best version of yourself at and away from work.
- Opportunities to grow and expand your career in many different directions.
- Amazing people with whom you will have deep relationships over time.
- A leadership team who listens with intent and acts on recommendations.
- Competitive compensation, benefits and lots of great perks along the way.
Skills and experience we value
- At least 8 to 12 years of HR experience, with a minimum of 5 years of experience as an HR Business Partner.
- Familiarity with fundamental aspects of HR management such as staffing, employee relations, labor relations, performance management, leadership development, and training.
- Ability to think strategically and convert ideas into actionable goals.
- Experience with talent management and succession planning is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision-making and deliver tough messages with confidence and professionalism.
- Must possess a consultative style and have the ability to establish trustworthy relationships with stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations and adaptable to a constantly changing work environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in handling a variety of employee relations matters.
- Excellent follow-through skills and the ability to proactively anticipate and address business needs.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision while maintaining a team-oriented attitude.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to a high standard of professional conduct.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws, with multi-jurisdiction experience being preferred.
What would make you really stand out
- Global HR experience
- Ability to use data to tell a story
What’s in it for you
Dayforce is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment.
We encourage individuals to apply based on their passions.
Dayforce encourages personal and professional growth. We offer excellent time away from work programs, comprehensive wellness initiatives and recognition through competitive pay and benefits.
With a commitment to community impact, including volunteer days and our charity, Dayforce Cares we provide opportunities for you to thrive both in your career and personal life. Our focus is not just on your job but on supporting you to be the best version of yourself.
Beware of fraudulent recruiting. Legitimate Dayforce contacts will use an @dayforce.com or @Ceridian.com email address. We do not request money, checks, equipment orders, or sensitive personal data during the recruitment process. If you have been asked for any of the above, or believe you have been contacted by someone posing as a Dayforce employee, please refer to our fraudulent recruiting statement found here: https://www.dayforce.com/be-aware-of-recruiting-fraud
- Job Family
- Job Function
- Human Resources
- Pay Type
- Hiring Min Rate
- 125,000 USD