The Strategic Account Executive will be responsible for driving sales revenue and managing relationships with a set of strategically important named accounts. As a senior role in our sales team, this position contributes significantly to business and revenue targets by developing and expanding our footprint among our most strategic accounts. This role is a quota-carrying sales position.
This is a unique opportunity to join the sales team at Postman. We are looking for passionate, energetic people to scale our strategic sales motion. The ideal candidate has personally driven significant sales growth at the ENT and/or Strategic level.
This role will be remote, based in Austin, or San Francisco, USA.
How We Operate.
Since we are a globally distributed team, we measure outcomes, not hours. We operate from a deep sense of our values, and strive to build the best products for the entire developer community.
What You’ll Do.
- Build a credible funnel for Postman Enterprise adoption within a portfolio of Postman’s most strategic prospects/customers.
- Build strategic relationships with VP and C level contacts within target accounts
- Take ownership of the full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Provide detailed weekly reports on progress.
- Drive an effective land and expand motion to increase Postman’s footprint org wide
- Help educate customers on the value of Postman Enterprise throughout the evaluation and adoption cycle
- Generate short term results whilst maintaining a long term perspective to maximize overall revenue generation.
- Provide accurate monthly forecasting and revenue delivery.
- Collaborate and work with Solutions Engineering, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc. to build strategic adoption plans for customers in large accounts
- Provide recommendations based on customers’ business needs and usage patterns
- 8+ years of Account Executive experience selling enterprise solutions
- Relevant experience targeting VPs and C suite executives
- Proven track record at a strategic level
- Experience selling developer and/or technical products
- Strong experience managing a pipeline and closing large contracts
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, as demonstrated by regularly exceeding sales targets while selling right-fit customers.
- Strong track record of navigating within large and mid-market organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- Lots of smiles
- You are a Recruiter! Postman hires company builders and we want you to always be on the lookout for awesome talent to help us build out one of the best companies in the world!
This is a remote role & the reasonably estimated compensation for this role ranges from $260,000-$ 300,000 OTE, plus a competitive equity package.