The Fleet Management group is responsible for building the tools that ensure we have an ample supply of cost-effective Autonomous Vehicles mobilized to respond to and service customer demand. As a member of this team, you will support customers in Operations and Consumer Products to maximize the value of our fleet by covering the full vehicle lifecycle, assisting with new vehicle introduction, ingress and egress of AVs, the maintenance of custom hardware, real-time triage of on-road events, and support for efficient fleet orchestration in close partnership with Dispatch.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and implement efficient, scalable, and reliable backend systems that support our fleet management initiatives
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and other engineers to develop new features and functionality
- Develop and maintain APIs that support both internal and external customers
- Write high-quality code that is well-documented, thoroughly tested, and maintainable
- Develop and maintain frontend applications that provide a rich user experience
- Own the technical design and architecture of projects within our domain
- Take a role in driving tech initiatives, technical design and architecture, planning, and delivery of our initiatives
- Mentor other engineers on the team, and provide feedback on code and architecture reviews
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure that our services are highly available and performant
- Own deployed code to our live production fleet of autonomous vehicles
What you must have:
- MS or Ph.D. in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience.
- 12+ years as a lead developer or a staff engineer with a focus on backend development and a microservices architecture
- Strong experience in building, shipping, debugging, and operating full stack web services in a production environment
- The ability to make connections across different technical stacks, design patterns and development philosophies to come up with novel solutions.
- Broad knowledge of cloud computing platforms like GCP or AWS, API design and deployment (Real-time, REST, GraphQL), distributed systems, SOA and/or microservice-based architectures, datastores types and their tradeoffs, compute deployment strategies including serverless, common security vulnerabilities and mitigation, and web frontend development tech such as React
- Experience with software development best practices, including testing, code reviews, and agile development methodologies
- Excellent written communication skills. Your ideas, feedback, key decisions, and technical designs will be shared with other senior engineers, partners, and the company’s leadership.
- Strong product sense. You are aware of the value proposition of the products you are building and can drive informed decision-making around what should be built or bought and why.
- A passion for self-driving technology and its impact on the world
- Experience in fleet management, fulfillment, dispatch, or logistics systems.
- Experience in the autonomous vehicle or rideshare industry
- Expertise with Go and Typescript
The salary range for this position is $166,600 – $245,100.