AssemblyAI is growing rapidly and aiming for larger and more ambitious objectives. We are currently seeking a Staff Research Scientist specializing in Speech or NLU Technology to join our Research team. We are looking for an individual who has produced research results that have set the direction for the research community, as demonstrated by a strong track record of highly cited publications in the ASR or NLU domain using modern Deep Learning techniques. With significant investment and strong leadership to fuel our growth, now is the perfect time to join AssemblyAI.
What You’ll Do:
- Direct and execute ambitious research projects involving multiple researchers, providing scientific leadership and leveraging strong research skills
- Assist the technology leadership team in prioritizing the research agenda and defining the scopes of research projects by staying up to date with the latest research in the Speech and NLP domains and sharing knowledge and perspectives
- Engage with research communities through activities such as publishing experimental results or participating in conferences
- Collaborate with the engineering team to deploy new models and technologies into production
What You’ll Need:
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field; or a Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of experience in Speech or NLU research based on Deep Learning or Machine Learning
- Holistic skills required to execute impactful research projects, demonstrated by a track record of widely recognized research publications at leading conferences.
- Excellent coding skills and proficiency in modern development tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in technical matters
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years of experience in applied research in Speech, NLU, or a related industry
- Experience in mentoring junior researchers or Ph.D. students in conducting research and getting it published
AssemblyAI strives to recruit and retain exceptional talent from diverse backgrounds while ensuring pay equity for our team. Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size, stage and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
There are many factors that go into salary determinations, including relevant experience, skill level and qualifications assessed during the interview process, and maintaining internal equity with peers on the team. The range shared below is a general expectation for the function as posted, but we are also open to considering candidates who may be more or less experienced than outlined in the job description. In this case, we will communicate any updates in the expected salary range.
Lastly, the provided range is the expected salary for candidates in the U.S. Outside of those regions, there may be a change in the range, which again, will be communicated to candidates.
Salary range: $225k-$285k+