Bolt is looking for a hands-on Staff Product Security Engineer to further establish and lead Bolt’s product security initiatives. You will have a broad mandate and will be expected to drive change and be an evangelist of Security throughout the company. As Staff Product Security Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with teams across Bolt including DevOps, Product Engineering, and our Legal teams. As we continue to scale our business into large enterprises, security has never been more important to our company and those customers we serve every day.
- Perform security assessments, identify gaps in existing security architecture, and recommend changes or improvements.
- Direct and guide product security initiatives in collaboration with software engineering and product management teams
- Lead initiatives & programs to continually grow our secure software development practices
- Continue to define and iterate on the Security Program & Architecture Strategy to secure Bolt’s product, data and infrastructure
- Effectively communicate security risk to senior leadership
- Define and document how new products and features impact the security posture of the Bolt’s environment.
- 10+ years of experience of a combination of product, application and infrastructure security
- Previous Software Engineer or Product Security engineering experience
- Deep knowledge of the latest forms of security vulnerabilities, threats and exploits
- Experience managing large initiatives and ability to wear multiple hats
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, cross-functional environment, and comfortable with ambiguity
Base Salary compensation: For this role our base salary range is targeted between $250k – 290k per year. Final offer amount is determined by a number of factors including but not limited to experience and position level. At Bolt, we take a geographically neutral approach to compensation, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
Check out our Engineering Blog!
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- 4 day work weeks
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays, your birthday off!
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events