As a customer-focused product-led company, product managers at FireHydrant drive our product strategy and execution. They weave together our company’s vision, customers’ needs, and industry trends to deliver a compelling roadmap that improves how technology teams can respond to incidents and manage their reliability. You’ll partner with every team within FireHydrant: Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success. You’ll have your hands on the multi-year strategy for your products while delivering value to our customers every quarter.
You’ll be working on
Working on the incident management product at FireHydrant means building and improving on top of our core product focused on the entire incident lifecycle. Building a compelling incident management product is a chance to build something that improves our customers reliability.
We’re looking for someone who
- Experience as a product manager, with a proven track record of shipping impactful product
- Demonstrable experience in leading a team
- You can communicate product decisions, strategies, and the rationale behind them. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive. You’re comfortable making decisions with multiple different paths forward.
- You have deep experience working with both qualitative customer insights and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research, a/b tests, and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts.
- You have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web applications.
What will you be doing?
In one month, you’ll
- Deliver your first update to the product
- Present your user research about how customers are currently communicating about their incidents in FireHydrant built from 15 user interviews and quantitative data
- Create your own rough draft of your product vision for Incident Management and present to the team
In three months, you’ll
- Present and own the product vision for Incident Management
- Create a Now, Next, Later roadmap and strategic framework to present to the leadership team during quarterly planning
- Successfully take multiple improvements through the product development and GTM process
In 6 months, you’ll
- Execute on the strategy laid out through your product vision
- Present a thorough go to market strategy for Incident Management and Communications
- Identified large problem areas unaddressed by any other product in the market
- ****Develop a tight integration strategy to our Service Ownership product
- Become the internal expert on incident management
In one year, you’ll
- Launch a standalone product
- Validate and propose large ambitious problems to tackle
- Be an external expert on incident management
FireHydrant is building the only platform focused on site reliability. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, and more, so companies can take control of their complex system, reduce downtime for their customers, and work better together. We’re a Series B company with around 80 employees (and growing!) who sit across the United States. Check out our blog to learn more about us.
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees living and working around the US while our physical headquarters is in NYC (Union Square)
- 1x per year we will gather in-person as a company; as teams we gather another 1-2x per year depending on the safety of such a gathering, and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Google Workspace
- Kind candor – we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity – information is shared openly; we welcome ideas and contribution regardless of role or experience level
- We value building trust, acting with integrity and continuously improving
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year, with sustainable working hours and healthy work/life balance
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile based on compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage and everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The compensation for this position is $165,000, $190,000, or $215,000 depending