Public helps people be better investors with a suite of investing tools, unique company data, and a community of millions of investors, creators, and analysts. This includes live shows about the markets, Town Halls with company executives, and custom company metrics.
Since 2019, Public has raised over $300 million. Investors include Accel, Tiger Global, as well as Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Maria Sharapova, Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for the daily processing of all accounts payable invoices (US and International) using our ERP software.
- Ensure invoices are paid within established payment terms by following up with internal and external partners to clear missed receipts, pricing discrepancies, etc.
- Review coding for G/L accuracy, period of service, month-end process, and all year-end functions including 1099s.
- Assists the team with audits and research related to supplier/customer invoices, month-end accruals, and reconciliations
- Assists the team with contract management process.
- Play an active part in the Month End Closing processes, specifically around the AP/Accrued expense processes.
- Participates in projects to drive efficiency in department processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or dictated by business needs.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field required
- 0+ years of work experience needed (preference for AP experience), Intern experience is a plus
- Strong Computer skills (MS office, specifically Excel).
- Ability to thrive and contribute in a fast-paced high growth environment
- Self-starter and team player that will take initiative on individual projects but also be able to work well as part of a team
- Ability to build successful relationships and collaborate effectively across departments to meet mutual objectives
- Knowledge of NetSuite, and Mineraltree is a plus.
- Be part of a company with a real mission you can be proud of
- We offer great health care plans and pay the full premium for you and your family including medical, dental, and vision
- Generous PTO and sick leave
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401k with 4% company match