We’re looking to bring on a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Creator Activation pod, whose goal is to support a new creator’s experience on Teachable through a personalized onboarding experience. We want our creators to find early success on our platform by enabling them to start building high-quality products with ease. Teachable’s product team is leveraging generative AI to build tools that reduce friction in course creation and more.
In this role, you’ll be able to have a direct impact in leading projects in an area that is customer-focused using creativity to navigate through ambiguity. You will partner with a product engineering team of engineers, Product Designer and Product Manager.
You will report to the Engineering Manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Write secure, efficient, and high-quality code that adheres to best practices, such as encryption of sensitive data and input validation.
- Develop scalable and reusable code that promotes efficient development, such as creating reusable libraries and components.
- Identify areas for improvement in the codebase and take ownership of small-to-medium-sized systems, such as fixing bugs and optimizing performance.
- Quickly understand documentation and utilize testing techniques, such as unit testing, integration testing, and stress testing, to ensure high-quality code.
- Communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders, such as providing regular status updates and actively seeking feedback.
- Adapt to roadblocks and proactively resolve issues, such as debugging and troubleshooting.
- Align work with customer value by using feedback to prioritize features.
- Balance priorities and seek guidance when needed to make informed decisions.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience building production web applications in an agile, startup environment.
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails, Go, or any backend languages
- Familiarity or willingness to work in a full stack capacity.
- An appreciation for iteration, performance measurement, and optimization.
- A passion for solving complex technical problems in both new and legacy codebases.
- A mindset of leaving the codebase better than how you found it.
- Experience collaborating with multiple team members with varying experience levels to design and implement technical projects.
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently.
- A humble, collaborative, customer-focused, and highly curious approach to problem-solving.
- Who upholds Teachable Product Engineering values, including working as part of a diverse team:
- Team oriented
- Bias for action
- Continuous improvement
- Quick iteration
- Solve customer problems
- Outcome oriented
At Teachable, we are committed to providing fair and competitive pay (using market data to inform our pay bands), rewarding high performance, and ensuring all employees have the opportunity and ability to impact Teachable’s overall company value. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically following performance review cycles currently conducted bi-annually or in conjunction with a promotion.
- This role is open to remote candidates in the U.S.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For this role, the base salary range is $140,000 to 170,000.