Apollo.io‘s mission is to help every business to fulfill their full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We’ve built a database of 250 million business contacts and 10 million companies with a built-in fully customisable scoring engine, full sales engagement stack, and deep analytics suite. We empower companies to do more than conduct outreach but also learn who to target, how to reach out, and what to say at speed and scale – help sales and marketing teams identify and convert their most likely potential customers.
We’ve raised over $10 million from Silicon Valley investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital, and are profitable and continuously growing. We’re headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a brilliant worldwide remote team.
Apollo is the foundation of your entire go-to-market strategy. We drive growth and success by providing the means for teams to discover and utilise their organisation’s best practices.
Your Role & Mission
As the team’s first Sales Operations Manager, you will be responsible for helping set up, gain insights from and maintain the integrity of our revenue-team processes, automations, reports, dashboards, and tools. You will report directly to the Head of Growth and partner intimately with Sales, Success, Support, and Operations leadership.
– 3+ years of Salesforce administration or equivalent experience
– Self-started with the ability to manage own workload and adjust priorities to work efficiently and meet deadlines.
– Strong verbal and written communications skills.
– Deep analytical skills and understanding of revenue forecasting & funnels.
– Strong familiarity with the SaaS industry and deep understanding of subscription businesses and recurring revenue models.
– Experience integrating Salesforce with internal / external systems.
– Experience creating automations & process improvements for Sales and Customer Success/Account Management teams.
Role & Responsibilities
– Implement and enforce tools, processes, and automation that maintain integrity and streamline quality of data within Salesforce and other systems.
– Uncover and review actionable, data-driven insights with sales management that drive informed decisions, improve the sales process, and fuel revenue growth.
– Monitor Salesforce errors and pipeline & data hygiene continuously to maintain high levels of data integrity and process consistency to optimize business processes within the GTM team related to Salesforce and other systems.
– Work closely with GTM Leadership to drive GTM team productivity, forecasting, reporting/analytics, territory management, goal settings, and goal attainment-tracking.
– Own the relationship between Salesforce data and other tools, figuring out unique ways to get the customer data that we need into other platforms such as Drift, Customer.io, Amplitude, Apollo, Chilipiper and more.
– Build and cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders, built on trust, transparency and communication.
– Develop and maintain strong forecasting capabilities for our Revenue teams.
– Eliminated all sources of Salesforce errors that compromise data-integrity. by Month 6
– Implemented & enforced sales processes that ensured excellent pipeline integrity by Month 6.
– Became the go-to person in the organization for creating solutions to Revenue-Team problems via building automations, processes, integrations, and reporting by Month 3.
Growth Team Values
Be a Voracious Learner
Learning is embedded into the DNA of our Growth team. The core of what we do is to continuously run experiments to learn more about how to move the metrics that drive the highest impact to the company. Additionally, as individuals we are curious and naturally driven to constantly learn and share best practices and research about sales & revenue operations, sales, customer success, Salesforce, etc.
Raise the Bar, Together
Our team members are constantly striving to improve not only themselves, but each other. We know that if we help each other become better in our roles, we will continuously up-level the caliber of the Growth team and inevitably be wildly successful.
Everyone that you work with is human. Understand them, their goals/desires, and how they like to work with others if you want to excel at collaboration.
Be Open, Honest, and Constructive
Stay open-minded to the thoughts and opinions of others. Only communicate with honesty to increase trust and minimize confusion. When feedback is given, try to be constructive so that we can all build each other up rather than just pointing out generalized negative/positive things about each other.
Push the Envelope
Be a curious, bold, and aggressive. We’re a team of owners, and we’re eager to share and hear ideas and opinions on how to improve things.
Don’t Ship to Ship, Ship to Maximize Impact on Key Metrics
Every experiment that we run on the Growth team is calculated, and we must make sure that we are intentional with our decisions by proposing, prioritizing, and delivering initiatives by working backwards from the metrics that have the highest potential to impact the business given the resources that we have.
Optimize for Learning Velocity
When working on new initiatives, optimize for gathering the most learnings as quickly as possible.