The Sr. PMM, Insights Specialist will be responsible to activate messaging for the Instructure Learning Platform in customer engagement, industry events, and partnership programs, as well as synthesizing industry, product, and competitive information for internal stakeholders. This position will also lead pricing and packaging initiatives across the portfolio of products.
As the Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Insights Specialist at Instructure, your work will strengthen the position of Instructure’s learning solutions as the leading technologies in the global teaching and learning space. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated top expertise and success with messaging, positioning, competitive research, and content development, especially as it pertains to strategic storytelling for a multi-product portfolio. This role will interface with Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Customer Success, Finance, and the Services Team to drive and support the strategic launch of new features and products, develop pricing and packaging strategies, drive messaging at industry events, and support partnerships.
The position will report directly to the Senior Director for Product Marketing and will work closely with product-line PMMs, the Sr. PMM, Insights Specialist will be responsible for activating messaging for the Instructure Learning Platform in customer engagement, industry events, and partnership programs, as well as synthesizing industry and product information for internal stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Core positioning: Use customer knowledge and testing insights to define target market segmentation and develop associated core positioning and messaging for the combined platform story.
- Insights: Demonstrate deep customer knowledge and be the voice of the customer to functional teams. Conduct deep market research to understand and enable the org on dynamics of a fast-changing market and competitive forces. Present research and analysis so it is consumable by product and go-to-market teams so it can inform marketing and development strategy.
- Product Launch and Product Ramp: Collaborate with product management and product-line PMMs to identify opportunities to up-level releases to support a strategic story in market, craft coordinate launches across business lines, and ensure release readiness across the platform.
- Pricing and Packaging: Lead pricing and packaging strategy, including conducting deep industry research, serving on pricing committee, leading pilot pricing programs, and building multi-product packages for multiple segments and regions.
- Industry Evangelism: Serve as the main point of contact for the Product org for both company-owned and industry events, including developing messaging and presentation materials, coordinating customer engagement events (including Customer Advisory Boards and product councils), and support partner initiatives.
- Enablement: Collaborate with Enablement Team to develop enablement plans and sales tools for the platform narrative and market insights.
- Sales/Marketing Strategy & Support: Collaborate with the Marketing Team in the development of marketing materials, including sales presentations and datasheets, whitepapers, opinion papers, and customer case studies as needed. Partner with the Sales Team to get ongoing feedback on tools and evolving needs.
- Training: Educate internal teams on messaging, positioning, competitive intelligence and programs that empower them to market, sell, and compete effectively.
- 5+ years of experience in education product marketing, education, and/or Enterprise B2B software
- Experience in the LMS or online learning space required
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams, preferably in a marketing or product marketing setting
- Demonstrated deep edtech customer and industry knowledge
- Ability to synthesize complex information from multiple sources and articulate the value story for relevant personas
- Ability to research competitor’s capabilities and express unique differentiators
- Ability to think strategically while possessing exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical and quantitative capability to determine market opportunities that drive roadmap decisions
- Superior interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience in packaging and pricing research and execution
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage competing demands
- Superior communication, both written and verbal, as well as presentation skills required
- Experience managing major product releases for mid-sized technology organizations
- Experience marketing through multiple channels including direct sales, agent/resellers and other channel partners
- Proven expertise marketing to sales leaders and technical decision-maker audiences
- Expertise managing commercial product launch activities
- Experience in competitive research and analysis
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance benefits
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
$100,000 – $135,000 a year