As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager at Instructure, your work will strengthen the position of Instructure’s learning solutions as the leading technologies in the global teaching and learning space—especially in the emerging market for credentialing, learning pathways, and lifelong learning. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise and success with messaging, positioning, and content development. This role will drive the strategic launch of new features and products, communicate continued innovation in the learning journeys space, and collaborate with product teams as we craft a strategic vision and roadmap for flexible, lifelong learning solutions.
What you will do:
- Core positioning: Use customer knowledge and testing insights to define target market segmentation and develop associated core positioning and messaging that support the platform narrative.
- Insights: Demonstrate deep customer knowledge and be the voice of the customer/buyer to functional teams. Understand dynamics of a fast-changing market including knowledge of competitive forces and impact on marketing objectives and strategies. Identify ongoing insights that help develop the strategic roadmap and optimize ongoing marketing programs.
- Product Launch and Product Ramp: Work with product management as the program manager for related product launches, including coordinating customer-facing messaging, internal sales and partner training and education, and associated go-to-market programs to drive product adoption.
- Industry Evangelism: Support and represent the company in customer engagements and industry events, including company-owned events.
- Strategic content: Execute the product-marketing plan and create core product content.
- Sales enablement: Collaborate with Sales Enablement to develop an enablement plan and develop the associated sales tools for assessment products.
- Sales/Marketing Strategy & Support: Collaborate with the Marketing Team to support the creation of sales and marketing materials, including sales presentations and datasheets, whitepapers and opinion papers, and customer case studies. Partner with the Sales Team to get ongoing feedback on tools and evolving needs.
- Training: Educate Marketing, Sales, and partners on messaging, positioning, competitive analysts, and programs that empower them to market, sell and compete effectively.
- 5+ years of experience in education product marketing, education, and/or Enterprise B2B software
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams, preferably in a marketing setting
- Demonstrated deep education customer and industry knowledge
- Ability to productize services offerings and clearly articulate customer benefits
- Ability to research competitor’s capabilities and express unique differentiators
- Ability to think strategically while possessing exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical and quantitative capability to determine market opportunities that drive roadmap decisions
- Superior interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage competing demands in fast-paced environment
- Superior communication, both written and verbal, as well as presentation skills required
- Experiencing in the LMS, credentialing, or online learning space
- Experience managing major product releases for mid-sized technology organizations
- Experience marketing through multiple channels including direct sales, agent/resellers, and other channel partners
- Proven expertise in marketing to sales leaders and technical decision-maker audiences
- Expertise in managing commercial product launch activities
- Experience in competitive research and analysis
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance benefits
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
$100,000 – $135,000 a year