As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity
As the Senior Partner Manager for the Ting and Tucows family of businesses, you will lead the company’s efforts to build strong, high performing, highly predictable relationships with market construction companies and municipal organizations. You will also develop strategies to provide best-in-class delivery, cost, and flexibility for our MDU* and SFU* programs. You’ll work closely with internal teams to ensure that Ting and our partners have: detailed plans, the right materials, and a strong delivery mindset as we grow our network footprint. The Sr. Partner Manager will also assist with contract and pricing negotiations necessary to maintain strong partnerships while driving world-class efficiency in overall delivery of addresses.
- MDU = Multi-Dwelling Unit, SFU = Single Family Unit.
This role is approximately 70% remote, with 30% travel. It requires that you are fully vaccinated and boosted against the COVID-19 virus. Proof of vaccination and CDC recommended boosters will be required.
What you’ll be doing:
Strategic Partner Coordination
- Build and maintain healthy and productive business relationships with Ting’s Strategic Partners in all markets that we serve
- Lead all efforts to improve the efficiency of address construction and delivery in Ting’s Partner Markets.
- Coordinate and communicate Ting’s efforts to assess the quality and efficiency of our partners and in-market builders.
- Partner with Ting internal stakeholders to drive timely delivery of Ting service-ready addresses.
- Assist with the business negotiation and contracting process.
- Lead weekly / monthly / quarterly business reviews.
- Lead all escalation and conflict resolutions
Partner Performance Management
- Objectively evaluate partner performance and report regularly to Ting Senior Leadership
- Escalate safety, quality and efficiency issues as necessary.
- Measure and drive continuous improvement of partner performance vs SLA and contractual obligations.
- Lead root cause analysis and investigations.
What you’ll bring:
- 5 plus years proven experience with vendor management and contract negotiations
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution and negotiations with a variety of public and private entities
- Demonstrated experience in project management related to public works, utilities and municipal construction projects
- Demonstrated experience in leading a successful RFx processes
- Ability to comfortably lead multiple projects and teams
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems with a high degree of independence
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on video conference, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Strong presentation skills are a must;
- Proven history of partner management and accountability
- Telecom Industry and vendor specific knowledge is strongly preferred