The Revenue Operations team at Kong is looking to add a Sr. Marketing Operations Manager to help build our marketing operating system, ensuring Kong’s marketing team can execute big ideas at scale. We’re looking for someone who can wear many hats, including analytical storyteller, technical systems administrator, and campaign execution partner. You should be someone who enjoys problem-solving and is a self-starter, ready to help us get to the next level! At Kong, you’ll enjoy working side-by-side with like-minded individuals to delight our customers and help grow our business.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity – We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership – We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
Marco, our CTO/co-founder – “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” – CUBE Conversation, March 2021
We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture – Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
Kong employees exemplify our culture at our 2022 Sales Kickoff
Building Great Products – Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
Interested in joining a top notch team? We are looking for an A-player who loves a fast paced, high performing environment and thrives on results. As the Sr. Marketing Operations Manager, you are someone who can make an immediate impact on our team. In this role, you will collaborate closely with peers across the go-to-market ecosystem to produce high quality, scalable solutions, bridging gaps between people, process, and technology.
You will bring value to Kong by ensuring that our marketing technology and processes produce high-quality campaigns; your curiosity and eye for detail will help our analytics establish clear results and produce actionable insights; and your close collaboration across our team will ensure we are enabled with best practices to optimize productivity with the tools and capabilities in our technology stack. Overall, you will help the Marketing team achieve its goals by driving efficiency and evolving the framework in which we execute. This role reports to Kong’s Director of Marketing Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Administer an awesome tech stack; ensure features are enabled and optimized, and users have access to best-practice operations, templates, documentation, and enablement.
- Vigorously maintain the quality and health of our lead database and lead funnel, including monitoring, lead routing, lead scoring, enrichment, and lead-to-account matching.
- Partner closely with our Sales Development organization to drive adherence to lead follow-up SLAs and understand how we can improve our lead generation process.
- Manage the operational aspects of campaigns and programs in our Marketing Automation Platform – implement emails, forms, and automation to power our marketing campaigns.
- Measure our success by building reports and dashboards, leveraging Salesforce.com, our Data Warehouse, and dedicated Business Intelligence tools.
- Document best practices for using our tools and engaging in our processes, and train our team to be proficient and effective.
- Integrate tools and processes to amplify the capabilities and value our tech stack delivers.
- Proactively drive innovation by leveraging your unique experience and perspective.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure frictionless execution, communication, and visibility.
- Manage workload in Asana and keep tasks up-to-date to ensure a smooth handover between team members and stakeholders.
- Ensure Kong stays compliant with GDPR and other laws that regulate how we go to market.
- Build business requirements and execute projects in collaboration with cross-functional teams, and communicate projects’ progress and results in a timely manner.
- And any additional tasks required by manager.
What is Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology, or other relevant field of study
- 5+ years of experience administering marketing automation platforms – preferably Marketo
- 5+ years of experience as a power user or administrator of Salesforce.com
- Experience integrating and optimizing multiple marketing technology tools supporting B2B marketing
- Experience with ABM and account funnel measurement
- Experience building operations in compliance with GDPR and other data privacy regulations
- Advanced ability to build complex spreadsheets and work with data
- Intermediate ability to use HTML and CSS effectively in email marketing
Bonus points for:
- Marketo certification
- Proficiency with Customer Data Platforms, Integration Platform as a Service, Business Intelligence tools
- Ability to use SQL in a business environment
- Experience with PLG business and using Product data in B2B Marketing
Kong has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to specific candidate location, role, skill set and level of experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards including sales incentives depending on the terms of the applicable plan and role. Benefits may vary depending on location. US based employees are typically offered access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short and long term disability benefits, basic life and AD&D insurance, among others. The typical base pay range for this role in the US is $170,000 – 190,000.