PagerDuty is seeking a Sr. Manager, IT Business Applications (Salesforce) to join our diverse, customer-focused team! As Sr. Manager, IT Business Applications, you will lead our technical Salesforce teams including, developers, administrators and QA. You’ll lead the successful execution of our critical Sales, CPQ, and Service cloud solutions that enable our Go-To-Market (GTM) capabilities. This is an exciting opportunity to work in close partnership with our internal business partners to help fuel growth and revenue goals for PagerDuty, along with driving outstanding Customer, Partner and Employee experiences. The team is responsible for developing and supporting innovative architecture-led solutions for our Marketing, Sales, Services, Customer Support, Partner Relationship & Legal business functions across our technology stack including Salesforce, Conga/Apttus and others. The ideal candidate will have direct hands-on experience leading full lifecycle application development of our SFDC platform, performance optimization. In addition to managing critical incident resolution using PagerDuty and doing environment & release management functions.
- Develop IT staff capability and foster a collaborative culture of continuous improvement; Hire, coach, mentor and grow your diverse team towards career goals and towards increasingly high standards of engineering and operational excellence
- Lead the team responsible for defining, developing and launching initiatives directly impacting PagerDuty’s GTM operations as well as prioritize multiple Salesforce projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Drive all aspects of application development to deliver a cloud-based, personalized online interactive experience
- Partner with cross functional teams to drive alignment on strategy and priorities, ensuring adequate capacity and migration plans to deliver the required functionality
- Adopt modern software development best practices and technology, driving towards an integrated digital experience for our partners
- Work with geographically distributed teams and third party to effectively deliver solution
- Automate testing to build high quality product for our partners and to reduce UAT time
- Provide thought leadership in best practices and new technologies. Investigates and stays on top of trends to support new technology needs, setup team KPI on velocity and efficiency
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for new software selection including development of RFP, review, and evaluation of commercial software solutions
- Lead proof of concept and technology evaluation through final recommendation, including hands-on execution where needed
- Work with business partners to build metrics and supporting dashboards/reporting
- Evaluate 3rd party applications that can be used to enhance our platform
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of directly related experience
- Must have at least one Salesforce certification
- 2+ years of previous experience in a people management role, successfully leading technical team(s) to drive business results
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, and supporting Salesforce.com implementations in a large enterprise environment with at least 3+ years in a SaaS environment
- Experienced with IT fundamentals including Agile, Enterprise Architecture, Information Risk Management, and IT Service Management; Experience working with API and Integration technologies like SnapLogic or MuleSoft
- Demonstrated ability to effectively connect with senior leaders to solve sophisticated business problem
- Must have Salesforce CPQ experience
- Self-starter, reliable team player with ability to deliver projects on-time.
- Ability to thrive in a high-intensity, rapidly changing environment, and to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate strategies & results effectively across multi levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated previous experience successfully managing Agile SCRUM teams for the delivery of Salesforce and other technology projects and enhancements on an aggressive schedule
The base salary range for this position is 158,000 – 241,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.