We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Global Payroll Manager to oversee and manage payroll operations for our company in North America and the EMEA region. As the Global Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll, compliance with local laws and regulations, and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders, external vendors, and government authorities. This is a critical role within our organization, requiring a strategic mindset, strong leadership abilities, and deep knowledge of payroll processes across multiple countries.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage end-to-end payroll operations for North America and EMEA, including template population to process payroll, ensuring accurate data entry, and overseeing payroll-related tasks such as tax withholdings, benefits deductions, funding, and wage garnishments.
- Develop and implement payroll policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with local laws and company policies.
- Continuously review and streamline payroll processes to improve efficiency, accuracy, and data integrity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including HR, Finance, and Legal, to address payroll-related issues and ensure seamless integration with other business functions.
- Stay up-to-date with payroll regulations, tax laws, and employment legislation in North America and EMEA countries, and ensure compliance in payroll operations.
- Maintain knowledge of local labor laws, statutory deductions, and reporting requirements for each jurisdiction, and make necessary adjustments to payroll processes as needed.
- Liaise with external vendors, tax advisors, and auditors to ensure accurate and timely payroll tax filings, audits, and reporting.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, such as HR, Finance, and Legal teams, to ensure alignment on payroll processes, policies, and reporting.
- Manage relationships with external payroll providers, tax authorities, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing.
- Collaborate with global payroll teams to share best practices, coordinate global initiatives, and ensure consistency in payroll processes across regions.
- Develop and generate payroll-related reports and analytics to provide insights to key stakeholders and support strategic decision-making.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of payroll data and reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform regular audits and reconciliations of payroll data to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Lead a team of payroll professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and support to ensure high performance and professional growth.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement.
- Identify training needs and provide training opportunities to enhance the skills and capabilities of the payroll team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of [X] years of experience in payroll management, with a focus on North America and EMEA regions.
- Deep knowledge of payroll regulations, tax laws, and employment legislation in North America and EMEA countries.
- Experience managing payroll operations for multiple countries and working with payroll vendors across different jurisdictions.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with complex payroll data and systems.
- Excellent understanding of payroll systems, software, and technologies.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop a team.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, with a commitment to maintaining data integrity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or equivalent are a plus.