As a Sr Instructional Design PM, you’ll join Chime’s Operations and Member Experience (OMX) Learning & Development team. Your main focus area will be designing highly engaging, interactive, and modern learning strategies for agents across our BPOs. This role will be focused on the Fraud and Risk lines of business You’ll apply adult learning methodologies to drive business outcomes through a broad range of innovative learning solutions (e.g. instructor-led, virtual instructor-led, digital, self-paced, micro-learning, social learning) that promote effective learning and training. You’ll get to evaluate the effectiveness, make adjustments, and revise approaches in order to meet business and agent outcomes. In other words, you’ll get to flex creative and analytical skills while channeling a passion for customer service.
Your work – execution and continuous improvement – will impact thousands of BPO employees and millions of Chime members. This role requires someone who thrives in a flat, fast-moving organization using lightweight processes, data-driven solutions, and quick iteration to make a significant impact.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $116,000.00 and up to $150,000. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Act as a learning consultant to specific lines of business (Fraud & Risk); gaining a deep understanding of the business and metrics to craft and recommend learning strategies to drive strong business outcomes.
- Proactively collaborate with and subject matter experts to identify training needs and objectives.
- Flex your analytical muscle to evaluate effectiveness of learning programs and uncover opportunities to enhance agent skills and performance through learning
- Apply adult learning principles and instructional design methodologies to create engaging & interactive learning solutions and compelling course content, material/media (audio, video, simulations, games etc.)
- Own the end to end design and development of learning content, including modes of assessment to measure the effectiveness and application of training
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in instructional design and learning technologies to continue to elevate all agents’ learning experiences
- Evaluate new and upcoming technologies that can help us scale, customize, and iterate faster, better, and with measurable results on the agent experience
To thrive in this role, you have:
- An eye for design, a serious obsession with learning and a proven ability to tie learning events to measurable outcomes that reflect our mission and culture.
- Subject matter expertise in adult learning theory and instructional design best practices in all modalities with the ability to convert strategies to effective and engaging learning experiences
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, learn through innovation, and influence your peers and stakeholders with compelling outcomes
- 8+ years of experience designing and developing multi-modality learning (eLearning, instructor-led, video etc.)
- Experience working in an agile and waterfall (ADDIE) design environment
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with strong capabilities to partner with stakeholders across all levels
- Strong data analysis skills with experience using data/metrics to meet business and learning objectives and drive performance improvements
- Demonstrated proficiency in 2 or more learning tools: i.e. Articulate 360 (Rise & Storyline), Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Premiere Pro, iSpring Suite,Canva etc.
- Ability to create and manage clear project plans outlining stakeholder responsibilities, timelines, needs, and risks
It’ll also be nice if you have:
- Experience driving outcomes through vendor partnerships and contact centers
- Strong aptitude in graphic design, video, and audio production
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, approx. 15% of the time
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service