We’re hiring Senior Full-Stack Software Engineers at DataGrail! At DataGrail, full-stack doesn’t mean you’re equally competent in all areas. It’s a mindset. Maybe you spend 80% of your time in the back-end. We understand that a front-end task may take you a bit longer and be a bit less semantically correct (strong linters and peer code review helps here!). What we look for is a willingness to dive in and contribute where the team and product needs help.
Do you have a great tip for debugging via your IDE that saves you tons of time? We want to see it on Slack or Notion. Did you present at a conference on what you learned scaling another system by 100x? Give the talk as a lunch and learn. We’re hiring you for all the past lessons building software that you’ve internalized. Yes, even the mistakes you’ve made.
We’re built on Rails, React, Postgres, and AWS and integrate with hundreds of diverse SaaS and IT systems. You don’t need to know these exact technologies (we ❤️ Pythonistas and Gophers too). And you don’t have to be an expert in all these areas (no one is). But prepare to shine in something.
What You’ll Do:
- As a senior full-stack software engineer, you’ll build and own DataGrail’s core products. These systems build trust for our customers and keep them compliant with the law.
- You’ll solve customers’ problems at scale no matter where the work exists in the stack.
- Take a broad view of what to improve in how we build products.
- DataGrail is growing…fast. The decisions we make today may not make sense in two years. The best engineers pivot from problems to solutions though. You’ll help the team make appropriate tradeoffs. You’re comfortable with good enough over perfect.
- Focus on reinforcing our security posture. As a privacy company, we are serious about security.
- Help us improve our tools and workflows for getting code into customer hands faster.
- Work with Customer Success to give new customers the tools to be successful faster. We’re fanatical about customer experience and sweat the details (include “Alan Turing” in your resume or cover letter).
- Software engineering is a team sport. You’ll bring others along and join them on the journey.
What You Need:
- We’re currently focusing on folks who are senior-level (7+ years) and above with experience setting the technical design direction for their surface area.
- This position is remote first focused on candidates in the United States and Canada. Folks located in the Bay Area can choose to work from our downtown San Francisco office.