The problem space for no-code/low-code platforms is complex, and helping people maximize the power of those platforms is equally complex. As a member of the Developer Experience Engineering team, you’ll work on projects that support and enhance our Builder Studio, steer growth of the platform, and help us and our users better understand their experience with the Airkit through data and education. If you’re someone who’s obsessed with UI/UX, you may work closely with Design to architect improvements to our WYSIWYG editor or create seamless experiences using design systems. If you’re intrigued by full-stack development, you might work on data integrations, scalability and performance. If you’re drawn to user research and fast-paced experimentation, you may work on onboarding and growth initiatives.
The way companies build software is changing. As an Engineer at Airkit, you’ll be part of a stellar team at a high-growth startup that’s a driving force for that change, which means that you’ll be focused on building the best developer experience for other engineers – and opening the door for a new class of builders at the same time.
- You take pride in the products you build, and are overjoyed when your users meet and exceed their goals.
- You employ a collaborative spirit to create deep partnerships with your Design and Product partners, and your curiosity for how things work makes you a skillful problem solver.
- You believe that great Design can change the world, especially when coupled with your execution skill.
- You value autonomy and opportunities to propose bold new ideas.
- You thrive in a culture that loves to share and learn from each other.
- You’re good at managing your own work and deadlines, and enjoy opportunities to lead or mentor others.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced, iterative environment and are excited to be part of a high-growth startup.
- You’re comfortable operating in ambiguity, and are able to be flexible and make decisions in times of uncertainty.
- A minimum of 6 years professional experience in software development
- A working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Demonstrated empathy for design and UX methodologies
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Strong cross-platform debugging skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas
- Experience developing high-quality software design and architecture documentation
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience using React & Redux
- Experience with design systems (bonus points for building design systems)
- Bonus points for server-side and/or back-end engineering experience
- Bonus points for UX/UI design experience
- Front End: Typescript, React, Redux
- Backend: Kotlin, Flyway, jOOQ, Gradle, Node
- Infrastructure: AWS, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, Lambda, Kubernetes, Vault, Consul, Terraform, Spinnaker
Benefits & Perks
At Airkit, we want our teammates to feel cared for, wherever they are in life. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Stipend for productivity, health & wellness
- Monthly Team Events & quarterly Hackdays
- Option to work from our California office or remotely
At Airkit, we are thoughtful about compensation and take into consideration a variety of factors which may influence salary such as experience, skills, geography, and alignment with our values.