Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
The Analytics team is lean, high functioning and impact-focused. If you can see different angles for business/product opportunities, synthesize large amounts of data, connect the dots amidst ambiguity, and want to deliver clear and measurable impact from day one, Varo welcomes you!
What you’ll be doing
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing business and share insights around the key metrics that drive the company
- Conduct data analysis, using different analytical and statistical approaches, to make business recommendations
- Analysis areas might include (but not limited to): commercial analytics, product feature analysis, portfolio credit exposure, delinquency propensity models, forecasting)
- Create & automate reports, iteratively build & prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for business priorities
- Work with Product, Engineering and cross functional teams to provide analytical support for ongoing needs and large initiatives
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
You bring the following required skills and experiences
- 4+ years of experience in an analytical role providing business analysis, developing dashboards, and presenting results to leadership
- 4+ years of experience in SQL queries, Tableau (and other BI tools), and day-to-day use of R/Python is a plus
- Experience articulating business questions, scripting with SQL/Python to pull data from datasets, and adapting quantitative techniques to solve complex problems
- Experience with experimentation, risk assessment, measuring ROI of initiatives, and automating dashboards and reports to track business performance
- Track record of successfully communicating data-driven insights
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and impeccable business judgment.