Our Customer Success team works proactively and prescriptively to help customers get the most value from their investment in security and privacy by establishing long term relationships and acting as trusted advisors to our customers.
The Senior Customer Success Manager guides Mid Market Teams and Business customers through established best practices by demonstrating an understanding of their structure and needs while guiding them throughout their 1Password lifecycle working closely with Onboarding and Account Management. This individual acts as the customer champion and advocate, helping increase awareness of customer needs and priorities. Customer retention is a key focus for this team member, supporting our customers in seeing the value of their investment with 1Password, and driving towards their adoption goals through proactive and reactive customer engagement.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- A proven track record with a 5 years experience in revenue generating roles and a minimum 3 years experience managing a book of business in a SaaS or Tech Customer Success role servicing customers through strategic calls and engagement.
- Strong communication skills over email, the phone, and video call. Presenting and speaking to new people each day excites you. Your style is concise yet empathetic – with a balance of teaching and listening/learning yourself as well as knowing when to pivot in a conversation.
- Experience with and passion for helping people or businesses use software to be more productive and efficient. You’re passionate about discovering what a team needs in their workplace, and you ask strong open-ended questions that help you learn more about them.
- You’re technically savvy and enjoy learning new products and translating technical terms for customers who find technology confusing or intimidating.
- You have experience and are comfortable in working closely with C-Level executives, and can navigate the nuances of working with different stakeholders to identify and drive value realization.
- Guiding customers through their lifecycle through email, webinars, and customized sessions; making prescriptive recommendations and helping customers achieve their desired outcomes and ensure high adoption rates across their book of business.
- Follows defined outreach and follow-up communication processes managing data and activity of customers in tandem with the Onboarding and Account Management teams; and synthesizing and logging findings from customer discussions such as feature requests, customer details, and general feedback/metrics accurately.
- Supports customers within their book of business through the annual renewal process, following defined process to engage with our customers early, and support in closing out renewals on a timely basis with customer satisfaction and retention in mind.
- You have experience managing revenue retention as your key metric – supporting your customers to drive tool adoption and prevent risk within your book of business. You are comfortable with identifying opportunities for growth and supporting sales counterparts in driving opportunities forward.
- Optional: You have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager. While not required, it’ll help you quickly have confidence in this role.
What you can expect:
- Month 1
- Get to know the product, our culture, the Customer Success processes, and the people you’ll be working with.
- Learn Salesforce, what and how we track, and the benefits of keeping customer information within it updated.
- By the end of the first month, you’ll be able to guide a small sized customer through an intro discussion in our Customer Success process.
- Month 3
- Can guide a small, or mid-market customer through multiple levels of the defined Customer Success process, using your product expertise to educate, provide feedback, and discover opportunities to upsell or expand, while driving value for the customer.
- Proactively report on customers’ needs and valuable feedback so the marketing and product teams can accurately reflect messaging and prioritize the right projects to improve the product.
- Build and maintain a healthy account book of customers for whom you are the Success Manager.
- Month 6
- Have developed your best personal approach and rhythm, analyzed the Customer Success processes to maximize your customer engagement, and begun collaborating with cross-functional peers in internal teams.
- Have a steady book of customers with whom you’ve learned needs, built rapport, and put Success plans in place influencing the broader Customer Success metrics and processes.
- Hands off cross-sell/upsell opportunities to Account managers and engages enthusiastic customers in advocacy initiatives such as 1Password Unlocked, case studies and product discussions.
- Contributes to the success of the Customer Success team in an ongoing capacity through team goals and metrics (including operational, NPS, revenue, and performance metrics).
USA-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $73,000 USD and $99,000 USD,