As Sr. Category Manager reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Business Development, you will play a crucial role in leading supplier relationships and negotiations for the Workplace Maintenance products. This opportunity is perfect for a talented business developer with exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to recruit top-notch suppliers, and a keen understanding of operational processes.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a profitable P&L and continuously identifying new ways to improve the customer experience through our e-procurement platform. Your efforts will be highly visible, as the Workplace Maintenance Supplies category is expected to drive significant sales to customers who rely on these products to run their businesses effectively.
If you are a results-driven professional with a passion for building strong relationships and finding creative solutions, this Senior Manager position is the perfect fit for you.
The minimum requirement for this role is 5 years or more experience in Category Management.
- Prospect and reach out to Product suppliers to highlight the value of Varis opportunities.
- Research technology, industry, and competitive trends, to understand how Varis is positioned, with emphasis on combination of categories in Workplace Maintenance.
- Share research and insights with team and identify actions based on insights.
- Articulate opportunities for Varis to create additional business value. Support colleagues in execution of business value proposition
- Take lead in managing negotiations.
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders including technical implementation team, product innovation, customer success, marketing, finance group, etc.
- Help establish the playbook for a growing business.
- After product launch, develop post-deal governance and execution plans. Responsible for managing the category, P&L, KPI and metrics driven decision-making.
- Work with our product teams to create a world class experience for our suppliers, and work with those suppliers to improve their business and profitability
- Build strong internal, external, and cross-functional relationships.
- Through collaborations with stakeholders such as Product &Technology teams, and supplier and customer insights, build defensible strategies (short and long-term) to create a sales platform.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA is an asset.
- 5 years or more experience in MRO Category Management, preferably indirect.
- Experience from buyer or supplier side is accepted.
- Overall, 7 years of relevant work experience as a Category Manager
- Experience in business development and/or complex consultative sales is preferred.
- Working knowledge of P2P, S2P systems such as SAP Ariba, Coupa, Ivalua, etc. is an asset.
- Comfortable working directly with the Sr. Executive level
- Familiarity with Statement of Work and partner agreements
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in strategy, business development, ROI/ P&L, and negotiation
- Successful track record in sales or business development paired with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Be comfortable working across multiple vertical industries and lines of business.
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with considering basic technical feasibility of partner solutions.
- Metrics driven; highly disciplined process orientation.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
As the Senior Manager, your success will be measured by your ability to:
- Expand the MRO supplier pipeline through active recruiting and relationship-building efforts.
- Ensure seamless and successful launches of new Workplace Maintenance suppliers, consistently meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Foster a collaborative partnership with the Procurement and Technology teams to drive product solutioning efforts that meet business needs.
- Develop and implement a robust business strategy that not only drives results but is also defensible and sustainable over the long-term.
- Achieve a tangible return on investment (ROI) or increase in yield through effective supplier management and negotiations.
At Varis, pay scales are determined by role, level, location, and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate, and pay relative to other team members.
The figures in this range reflect the average annual base salary for the given role, while additional variable incentives based on performance may also be available. Recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits, and equity during the hiring process.