We’re looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join Messari’s on-chain data team. This is a highly collaborative role where you will be working closely with our research, product, and engineering teams to drive our data modeling efforts and maximize the business impact. Your responsibilities include delivering end-to-end data products, designing processes, and introducing best practices to improve efficiency, as well as mentoring junior data analysts.
As we are a crypto company working extensively with blockchain data, it would be a big plus if you are also familiar with crypto and have prior experience with blockchain data.
What you’ll do:
- Owning the data pipeline end-to-end, including data modeling, data visualization, and data quality.
- Designing and putting processes in place to improve operational efficiency.
- Design and build data models for blockchain data to transform low level (raw) data into high level metrics.
- Employs modern data tools and best practices to ensure data quality and consistency.
- Foster collaboration & knowledge sharing across business functions.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior team members.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience in data modeling, schema design, and data tools/ops.
- Strong expertise in SQL and dbt. Proficient with Python.
- Experience working in a cloud data warehouse (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Databricks)
- Experience working with data infra/ops tools like Docker, CI/CD, and AWS.
Nice to haves:
- Passion for cryptocurrencies and a good understanding of blockchains and/or decentralized finance (DeFi).
- Data science experience. e.g. forecasting, A/B testing, simulation, predictive modeling.
Projects you could work on:
- Build an abstraction table for all concentrated liquidity protocols. Provide clean data sets to end users (research analysts), modeling data in a way that empowers them to answer their own questions.
- Analyze the behavior of liquidity behaviors on decentralized exchanges. Build prototypes of tools and simulations that allows people to observe changes in behavior given changes in parameters
- Design and build data quality frameworks/processes to ensure we have the best quality data possible!
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience):
- $150,000- $180,000