AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and we’re searching for a driven Sr. Analytics Engineer to join our growing team! With significant investment and strong leadership to fuel our growth, it’s the perfect time to join the AssemblyAI team.
What You’ll Do:
- Using advanced SQL, you will transform data from raw data sources into usable tables to power critical self-serve data artifacts and impactful analytics use cases (e.g. metrics, dashboards) to empower data consumers
- Act as a leader in defining data infrastructure and logging needs in partnership with Data Engineering, Product Engineering, and Data Infrastructure teams
- Apply and promote software engineering best practices within the analytics workflow (ex: version control, testing)
- Improve data availability, quality, and provide reliable access to data for the business
- Implement exploration tools and dashboards to help cross-functional stakeholders glean insights for their functional area
- Deliver insights through ad hoc analyses and data extractions to resolve important business needs
- Identify process improvements, contribute to our documentation, and share best practices with the team and our end-users
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of professional experience as an analytics engineer, data analyst, product analyst, data engineer or data scientist
- Expert in SQL
- Hands-on experience with data infrastructure, data modeling and reporting in data visualization tools (Looker, Big Query preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong business acumen and product intuition
- Experience using any of the following software/tools strongly preferred but not required: Github, Segment, BigQuery, dbt, Apache Airflow, Fivetran, Looker
AssemblyAI strives to recruit and retain exceptional talent from diverse backgrounds while ensuring pay equity for our team. Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size, stage and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
There are many factors that go into salary determinations, including relevant experience, skill level and qualifications assessed during the interview process, and maintaining internal equity with peers on the team. The range shared below is a general expectation for the function as posted, but we are also open to considering candidates who may be more or less experienced than outlined in the job description. In this case, we will communicate any updates in the expected salary range.
Lastly, the provided range is the expected salary for candidates in the U.S. Outside of those regions, there may be a change in the range, which again, will be communicated to candidates.
Salary range: $160K – $175K