1Password is looking for a Sr. Accountant, Tax to join our growing tax team. This role will report to the Senior Director of Tax, and will assist in the provision, compliance, and tax reporting operations functions.
The Sr. Accountant, Tax will play a key role in maintaining compliance with tax laws, supporting financial reporting and providing valuable insights to optimize our overall tax position.
If you thrive in a dynamic work environment, and get excited about building out tax processes at a quickly growing company, then this may be the right team for you!
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience with corporate tax provision and tax compliance (federal & state) at a public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department
- CPA designation with strong technical knowledge of US tax laws and regulations (federal, state and local)
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP tax accounting rules (ASC 740)
- Exposure and experience with Canadian tax issues preferred
- Technological competency, specifically related to reporting and compliance, including NetSuite, and Avalara
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, sumifs, v-lookup and index formulas
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, including cross functionally
- Effective communication skills to interact with various stakeholders demonstrating an ability to communicate complex tax issues in a clear and understandable manner to internal and external stakeholders
What you can expect:
- You can expect to be part of a global tax team, assisting in not only US tax but also Canadian and International.
- Tax Reporting
- Prepare the quarterly and year-end tax provisions, tax balance sheet accounts, quantification of uncertain tax positions, financial statement disclosures and related analysis for each of the legal entities ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Review accounting schedules prepared by the accounting department that are inputs to the provision
- Assisting the Director of Tax and Senior Director of Tax in our partnership with our external tax consultants to calculate the provision (including permanent and temporary book to tax differences)
- Maintain and reconcile tax-related accounts as part of the accounting close process
- Assist in the preparation of tax accounting memos to document analysis and conclusions for complex transactions
- Assist in the preparation of audit support to the accounting team during year-end audits and quarterly reviews
- Support the annual budget and quarterly forecasts of tax estimates; prepare comparative and other analysis
- Proactively identify, research and formulate recommendations regarding tax positions, accounting issues, risk management and deliver proposals to the Sr, Director of Tax for approval
- Tax Compliance
- Prepare and review income tax returns (federal, state and local) and ensure timely filing of all compliance obligations for all legal entities
- Prepare apportionment data and supporting documentation
- Prepare estimated tax payment calculations and installments for processing and approval
- Assist in the resolution of notices and inquiries from tax authorities
- Coordinate and manage tax audits conducted by regulatory authorities
- Monitor changes in tax legislation and assess the impact on the organization’s tax compliance
- Manage state and local tax compliance including sales and use taxes and other regulatory returns
- Ensure transfer pricing policies and documentation is current, consistently applied and in compliance with transfer pricing regulations
- Tax Strategy and Planning
- Assist in special projects including but not limited to: tax planning, analysis of income tax consequences of non-standard transactions and cross-functional business initiatives
- Lead special tax projects and collaborate closely with business partners, including customer tax queries, state/local government tax incentives, etc.
- Assist in performing tax due diligence procedures and working with external advisors on tax related items for mergers and acquisitions
USA-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $89,000 USD and $121,000 USD, p