The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood’s offices in Menlo Park, CA or New York, NY with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management, but remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. may be considered. Check with your recruiter for more information.
The team mission is to provide premier procurement and contracting services for our business partners across the entire company. Whether it is engaging with current supply or new suppliers, we strive to harness the best value for Robinhood through effective supplier engagement and efficient process optimization.
As the Manager of Sourcing and Contracting who will lead and deliver speed, commercial value, and risk optimization with vendors. You will co-lead / maintain our relationships with leaders across Robinhood. You drive initiatives that promote operational excellence, quality, efficiency, value, and compliance in strategic sourcing. You will be an integral part of a world-class, global, strategic sourcing team at Robinhood.
What you’ll do
- Lead, communicate, and complete the commercial procurement strategy for about $1 Billion annual spend. Implement and complete sourcing processes including market research, vendor identification, competitive bidding, negotiations, selection, and contracting.
- Develop / maintain efficient and effective operational discipline in your area of responsibility. Demonstrate strong personal engagement and service mentality. Measurably reduce contracting cycle time.
- Engage, collaborate, and partner with Business Owners and executives to maximize value from third-party vendors in terms of procurement savings. Deliver significant year-on-year procurement savings in line with strategic targets.
- Mentor and guide junior member(s) in the team.
- Lead negotiations on complex vendor contracts and deliver quantifiable business value.
- Actively influence Commercial Legal and Risk Leads to drive risk-intelligent processes and protocols.
- Maintain a deep understanding of third-party vendors, products, and market trends — particularly in Technology and Digital Marketing. Obtain a clear understanding of Robinhood’s core business objectives and how various Third-Party vendors are engaged to support these objectives.
- Use metrics and data to identify logical groups of business / product / commodity / category clusters and develop suitable sourcing strategies and category management plans.
- Embrace automation and collaborate effectively with data and analytics teams. Bring data to the table and embed a data-driven mindset within your team. Use data to identify and quantify opportunities, then partner with Robinhood Business Owners to improve return on investment. Identify trends and themes and provide recommendations to minimize issues in the future.
- Partner with the vendor management team to optimize third-party vendor footprint across Robinhood by driving rationalization of cost and value. Proactively influence upcoming contract renewals.
What you bring
- Strategic sourcing and contracting expert with 3 – 7 years of experience in Third-Party / Vendor sourcing and contracting, procurement consulting, procurement program management, or process reengineering in Financial Services / FinTech.
- Advanced degree in Business, Operations, Risk Management, Finance, Supply Chain, or Engineering, or an equivalent field.
- Ability to independently lead a team and deliver effective results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with data visualization and analysis tools such as Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc. and a natural comfort level with using data for decision-making.
- Expertise with incorporating risk and performance management into the sourcing and contracting process.
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects, develop report-outs, and meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $136000 – $160000
US Zone 2: $120000 – $141000
US Zone 3: $106000 – $125000