Teleport allows engineers and security professionals to unify access for SSH servers, Kubernetes clusters, web applications, and databases across all environments. We are a rapidly growing Y-Combinator company well-funded by additional top-tier investors.
We help engineers securely deploy and access their applications anywhere on this planet by erasing security and deployment boundaries between networks and cloud providers.
Our total addressable market is large and quickly expanding – any company that manages and operates server fleets, applications across cloud providers or deploys to internal data centers (i.e., almost all successful companies).
At Teleport, you will work in a customer facing environment to drive business value, customer growth, all through technical account collaboration. Solution Engineers at Teleport are expected to influence and act as thought leaders for our customers. You will get to collaborate with infrastructure engineering and security teams at the most sophisticated technology companies in the world. Most importantly, you will help these companies solve problems and get exposed to the latest ideas in technology.
An ideal candidate will have a successful track record in technical customer engagement, and will have demonstrated the ability to become a trusted advisor to technical and business leaders, alike. They’ll be passionate and familiar with traditional infrastructure networking and security, and should have experience with modern cloud-native technologies.
We need someone who:
- Is energized by technology and is excited at the prospect of solving problems for our customers and for Teleport.
- Practices a global mindset to set and improve standards across themselves and the organization.
- Listens deeply and perceives feedback as an opportunity to improve.
- Demonstrates a high level of empathy, resilience, and humility.
- Ties customer problems with business metrics and can speak to CTOs/Engineers alike.
- Works well advocating for our customers with our Account Executives and delivers valuable solutions to our prospects and customers.
- Excited to take initiative and work cross functionally to solve problems that they notice.
- General split of work is Presales 80% / Post Sales 20%
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of solutions/sales engineering and/or software engineer at SAAS, Open Source or Enterprise Software company.
- Running custom demos that are highly tailored towards customer needs.
- Coaching fellow Account Executives/Solution Engineers on best practices.
- Using/configuring/debugging Linux machines and Network issues.
- Deep technical experience including Kubernetes, and major cloud providers (i.e. AWS)
- Demonstrable experience with the following security principles and technologies: SSH, PKI, 2FA, SSO (SAML, OIDC), RBAC
Nice to haves:
- Following certifications: CKA/CKAD/RHCSA/Security+/CISSP
- Ability to architect solutions through whiteboard and diagramming with customers
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role $240,000 for a level 4 and $275,000 for a level 5, which consists of a Base Salary plus a Target Commission. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.