As a Solutions Engineer at Prefect, you will be a primary contact with our customers. You will manage the technical relationship and be responsible for their success. You will provide technical solutions, identifying and fixing issues, and overseeing and building documentation geared towards customer solutions and success. You will be tasked with building processes and operations that scale in addition to building close relationships and processes with other members of our organization, primarily in sales.
You will coordinate with team members on new features and help Prefect build our product roadmap. You will identify opportunities for improvement, track risks and dependencies and lead projects.
We expect our engineers to be product-focused and enthusiastic to take on new challenges and guide our product and culture forward.
You will report to our Director of Sales Engineering, George.
What You’ll Do:
- Uphold our documentation-first policy. Documentation at Prefect is not an afterthought – our documentation is important to our adoption and scale and you will be important to the upkeep of this philosophy
- Engage directly with customers to design, develop and deploy solutions
- Deliver support through video conference calls for our developer community
- Deliver support to our growing open-source slack community
- Identify and escalate issues, and where applicable provide fixes
- You will not hesitate in taking ownership of your ideas and advocating for them
- Think through extreme edge cases without losing sight of providing a simple user experience
- 2+ years experience working with Python
- 2+ years of experience in customer solutions, forward deployment
- 2+ years of working with data architectures and tools, building data pipelines
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- High quality technical writing and communication skills
- Experience delivering projects from creation to production
- You are searching for ways to improve at every iteration, not afraid to make suggestions for improvement
- Young company whatever-it-takes approach to ensure that Prefect’s clients and internal team are successful with a focus on our product-led growth strategy
What You’ll Get in Return:
We take care of our team- our benefits are top-notch so that employees can work comfortably from wherever in the world they call home. Check out some of our most exciting benefits offered below.
- Remote-first team with flexible-first culture
- Equity Stock Options
- 401(k) with 5% company match (vests immediately!)
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Life Insurance and Disability benefits
- $800 remote work stipend for whatever you need to work (food, wellness, equipment etc.)
And that is just the start, there’s more! For more info check out our top-of-the-line benefits and perks on our careers page.
The U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000-$111,000.