Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India. Gainsight is a remote-friendly workplace. Gainsight was recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your fingerprints on our next phase of scale and customer impact, giving you the opportunity to apply and grow your expertise.
As our lead Gainsight Solutions Architect, you’ll be the technical leader responsible for designing and maintaining solutions in our internal instance of Gainsight. As our technical consultant, you’ll work closely with Client Outcomes and cross-functional teams to define and implement processes that scale, follow our best practices, and reduce technical debt. This position requires a mixture of project management, organizational, problem-solving, advisory, and technical skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with a vague set of business requirements and turning them into efficient and elegant solutions. You’ll think about the implications of the changes you make to other workflows in the system, and architect solutions smartly so they’ll be adaptable for enhancements we may want to make in the future. In this position, you’ll also have the unique opportunity to work closely with our Product Management team to communicate Gainsight’s internal use cases and provide early feedback on product designs.
As Gainsight’s Solutions Architect you’ll:
- Design and implement innovative technical processes. Examples include Stakeholder Alignment, feature usage health scoring, and risk management. Note that these impact both Client Outcomes specifically and/or broad cross-functional business strategies. Also note that they cover Gainsight CS, PX, and all other Gainsight products.
- Own the complete architecture of our implementation of Gainsight and collaborate with data owners throughout engineering and operations teams (Services, Sales, etc).
- Configure and deploy our Gainsight instance to internal customers (including system configuration, assistance with external integrations, reports, dashboards, and workflows).
- Make recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of teams that use Gainsight through development and adoption of best practices, standardized procedures, and “outside of the box” thinking.
- Monitor system performance and data integrity to make recommendations and deploy continuous improvements.
- Partner with Product Management to share our internal use cases and assist in designing and providing feedback on new products, from conception to deployment.
- Serve as the frontline resource for internal end users to field questions, troubleshoot issues, and resolve problems.
- Develop process documentation for existing and newly implemented processes. Maintain a list of FAQs.
- Have an opportunity to become a citizen developer for UIPath and work directly with our integration partners to plan, design, test and roll out new processes (ex. NXT-cloud login with Okta & Ultipro integrations).
What We’re Looking For
- 8 to 12 years of IT experience that includes at least 2+ years of solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
- 2-5 years of experience in customer success
- Gainsight administration experience is a huge plus
- Expert technical skills and aptitude are required. Technical areas such as CRM, databases, data integration processes, Salesforce.com, and various SaaS platforms are considered relevant
- Sound interpersonal and presentation skills with strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work and stay connected with various internal cross-functional teams to communicate requirements and project timelines
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume work environment and meet multiple deadlines
- Passion for Gainsight Values of Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friend
- Thrive in a fast paced environment with ability to prioritize
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking for troubleshooting problems
- Self-motivated and directed; Fast learner
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in which the requirements are not always well defined and priorities change frequently
- Strong attention to detail and documentation
At Gainsight, we don’t believe in doing things as a “means to an end.” Life’s too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that “work vs. life” is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule (“Do unto others…” and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you–diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique – Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
This role will be remote in the US
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.