The Solutions Architect will work hands on with Fortune 200 companies on their data transformation journey. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and operationalization of Voltron Data solutions for customers and partners. We believe in ownership and teamwork, and this role will own the deliverables and collaborate with the product, engineering, and sales teams.
Why work at Voltron Data?
- We’re Going for Impact: We are a Series A, venture-backed startup assembling a global team to build a new foundation for data analytics with Apache Arrow. This foundation will usher in a wave of innovation in data processing that can take full advantage of the speed and efficiency offered by modern hardware.
- We’re Committed to Bridging Open Source Communities: We are a collection of open source maintainers who have been driving open source ecosystems over the last 15 years, particularly in the C++, Python, and R programming ecosystems.
- We’re Building a Diverse, Inclusive Company: We are creating a representative, equitable, and respectful workplace that prioritizes employee growth. Everyone at Voltron Data is bought into the company’s success; all voices are critical to shaping the organization’s future.
Required work experience:
- 7+ years experience in field engineering (pre and post sales).
- Experience with the following technologies: Apache Arrow, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, SQL, NoSQL, Dask, Pandas, Cloud Storage (S3, ADLS, GCS).
- Experience with OSS (Open Source Software).
- Experience with distributed systems and HPC environments; Kubernetes and Slurm experience a plus.
- Experience designing solutions on cloud infrastructure and services, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience migrating or redefining legacy customer workloads to modern analytical pipelines.
Desired personal characteristics
- High standards in their own work and in their peers.
- Always curious.
- Leads with modesty.
- Sees diversity as a strategic advantage.
- Values ground-breaking innovation.
The expected salary range is $195,000 to $240,000. This information reflects a base salary range for this position based on current market data, and may vary by location. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, training, and skill level, so may be higher or lower than what is shown on this posting. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.