We are looking for a customer-centric Solutions Architect to promote the use of Aiven’s managed open source services. An ideal candidate will be passionate about open-source technology and genuinely want to help customers in a pre-sales and post-sales capacity.
Suitable candidates must have proven experience in the following areas that will be required in their day-to-day job: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana.
The position is full-time and permanent and can be located either remotely in the US or Canada or in one of our offices in Toronto or Boston.
- Help customers succeed, building successful relationships from pre-sales stage to roll out and beyond
- Conduct successful proof of concepts and solve the customers’ problems in getting up and running
- Actively contribute to customer stability, enablement, and growth
- Be an active contributor during the sales process as well as to our existing customers
- Be an ambassador for Aiven by various means such as writing technical blogs, conducting webinars, sponsor meetups, or technical talks at conferences
- Travel up to 10% of the time
- Experience working in technology/software sales, pre-sales or consulting
- Fluency in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Go or Ruby
- Ability to understand customers’ technical requirements on an architectural level and propose solutions using Aiven’s services
- Experience implementing proof of concepts as needed, to work with Aiven services in order to address business requirements
- Knowledgeable of public clouds (AWS, Google or Azure) and in the areas of compute, storage – block and object, networking, and security groups
- Linux operating system; demonstrable experience using various Linux utilities and tools (installation, securing system, storage, etc.) and a good grasp of networking basics like DNS
- A fairly deep conceptual and hands-on understanding of Kafka and at least one of Cassandra or Opensearch (Elasticsearch)
- Demonstrable use of a relational databases preferably PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
(migration experience from Oracle to PostgreSQL is an asset)
- Act as a subject matter expert on Aiven service offerings
- Attention to detail and good problem solving and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams
The following are nice to have:
- Customer relationship management
- Any migration experience from Oracle to PostgreSQL will be considered an asset!