At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
As a Software Tester, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of Cresco’s proprietary software products. Reporting to the VP, IT Product and working closely with the Product Management team, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement effective testing strategies–focusing on web application testing and participation in scrum-style refinement. This role will work remotely and be willing to travel to the corporate office in Chicago, IL approximately once or twice a year.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Actively engage in scrum-style refinement meetings, providing valuable input and ensuring that quality considerations are integrated into the development process
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand user stories and acceptance criteria for effective test plan creation
- Develop and execute plans for feature, end-to-end, and regression tests
- Test preparation activities including generating test data and configuring test environments
- Manual testing of new features in proprietary web applications
- Assist in the creation of automated tests for regression, build verification, unit, etc.
- Ability to use popular API testing tools (e.g., Postman, SoapUI, JMeter)
- Ability to review logs and telemetry data
- Experience with using mind maps and other conceptual frameworks to instruct test strategies
- Experience with and preference for an Agile environment
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2-5 years of equivalent professional experience
- Professional judgment: i.e., makes logical, rational, and integrative decisions, and arrives at sound conclusions
- Understand human interaction with technology
- Maintains a completion-focused attitude and is attentive to details
- History of demonstrating the ability to uncover the underlying causes of defects
- Ability to work with minimal direction, in a remote work environment, while being proactive and keeping leadership informed of project statuses and related issues
- Self-motivated willingness to learn and self-teach