Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the Role
The Software Support Engineer role is required to work as part of a shift-based rota to support our growing customer base across the World. Our Support Engineers are responsible for ensuring our customers receive world-class support, enabling them to get the most out of our products. They are also responsible for feeding back into the SDLC by flagging bugs and suggesting new features. Each agent works five days per week, eight hours per day. We cover APAC, EMEA and AMER hours, which enables the Product Support Team to provide 24/7 Support.
What you’ll be doing
- Helping customers to troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems they may experience when using Adaptavist products.
- Testing and reproducing customer problems in a local instance.
- Advising customers how to resolve technical problems that they may experience.
- Creating bug reports and feature requests to improve our products.
- Understanding Groovy and Java scripting languages.
- Outlining good software design patterns and practices to customers.
- Upholding the support standards outlined in our Service Level Agreement.
- Enabling our customers to evaluate our products.
- Collaborating with other Support Engineers and Developers to diagnose, reproduce and resolve technical problems.
- Helping customers quickly understand how our products help their business.
- Communicating with customers through our Jira Service Desk portals and other tools.
- Providing world-class customer service experience for all Adaptavist customers.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in writing code in Java (or Groovy)
- Experience in a customer-facing role in a technical environment
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understood in text and pictures
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
A few nice to haves
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science (or equivalent) experience
- Knowledge of SDLC (Software Development LifeCycle) processes and Atlassian tools