The Engineering team at Databook brings together collaborative and technically passionate individuals to deliver innovative customer intelligence solutions that drive real value for our clients. Led by past Google and Salesforce engineers, this group offers an opportunity to explore all aspects of the engineering lifecycle, to be close to the client, and to make a real difference. We give our engineers a lot of autonomy to own and solve complex, novel problems – from system design to natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML). The Engineering team offers a place where engineers can collect an abundance of experience and practice their leadership skills; all in a hyper-growth context.
We’re hiring Senior Backend Engineers to lead the development and maintenance of Databook’s core platform. You’ll work with our exceptional engineers to build breakthrough features for our customers while keeping our platform stable and scalable. If you’re excited about building the next generation customer intelligence platform, with a keen eye towards quality, then this is the role for you!
Specifically, you’ll be in charge of:
- Owning the full engineering lifecycle of important capabilities within the Databook platform, including designing, prototyping, building and maintaining scalable and performant distributed systems.
- Collaborating with (i) our machine learning teams to incorporate our ML assets into the core platform, and (ii) our front-end teams to ensure that we deliver powerful abstractions to our client platforms.
- Engaging with colleagues across the organization to understand requirements and ensure that our technology meets those requirements in practice.
- Hiring new engineers and mentoring other engineers in the team.
- 5+ years of hands-on professional experience developing backend systems, services and practical APIs
- Solid experience interfacing and integrating with all kinds of SQL (Postgres) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) databases
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience in large scale distributed system designs including best practices around gRPC, event based architectures and micro-services.
- Experience with or interest in Machine Learning, and more specifically in NLP/NLG
- Expertise in implementing CRM integration with Salesforce (Apex, LWC) or Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Applications (.net, C#)
Join us and enjoy these perks!
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision care contributions
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 4 weeks vacation plus holidays
- Employee referral bonus program
- $500 learning stipend to spend on books, courses or other training materials that help you develop skills relevant to your role or professional development
- Complimentary subscription to Masterclass
- Budget for home office equipment