What We Believe In
– Do what’s right for the customer
– Be kind and authentic
– Deliver great quality
– Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
The Red Canary engineering team builds and operates the platform to deliver unmatched threat detection and response. We process billions of events per day from hundreds of thousands of systems worldwide. Every engineer is on the front lines of cyber security with unique opportunities to learn new technology and solve the hardest problem in cyber security.
You are passionate about applying your technical expertise to quickly ship an MVP based on requirements, and refine it through feedback from your customers. You’re comfortable diving into a large Rail application that serves 200+ customers. We are searching for a Rails engineer to join us in building the Red Canary platform. We continuously push product enhancements to production so on day one you will be making security better for a large number of organizations. Our customers depend on us 24/7 and the software you build makes a meaningful difference to improve their security. In this role you may work from our Denver office or remote.
What You’ll Do
- Work dynamically with your engineering team as you build, test, and refine Red Canary’s product suite
- Write great code and tackle a wide variety of technical problems – help with bugs, new features and small enhancements on the product
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to enhance Red Canary’s offerings
- Build a product that our customers love – Ensure great quality of your code through tests, both pre- and post deployment
What You’ll Bring
- Have 2+ years of technical experience
- Love to write code and take full ownership of a product or feature from concept to launch
- Are experienced with Ruby on Rails and other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Architect scalable applications that serves both internal and external users and high-volume background tasks
- Have confidence making architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Test the software you write to ensure we deliver the highest quality products
- Bonus: have deep knowledge of operating Postgres at scale, including replication, monitoring and optimization
Targeted base salary range: $100,000 – $130,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.