As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with experience of designing and delivering data services to join the team, and help us develop our product. The role offers a unique opportunity to join an exciting, early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company and our users.
- Identify unified data models by collaborating with scientists and product designs on a cross functional team.
- Build and maintain real-time/batch data pipelines
- Develop performant services for allowing our customers access to the climate signals we develop
- Ensure software quality across our products including, code quality, testing, monitoring and observability.
- Work with senior leaders throughout Cervest to make sure that what we are building is best in class for what we are trying to achieve today as well as 12 months from now.
- Supporting the delivery of tactical requirements both internal and external as and when they occur
- Significant experience with Python
- Experience of designing data processes to support visualisations using Python
- Experience with HTTP frameworks such as Flask
- Experience with a variety of data stores for example Elastic, Postgres, Cassandra
- Experience with messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ or SQS
- Good level of experience / comfort with Cloud Deployment Environments (AWS preferred)
- Familiar with and competent using Docker to deliver applications
- Familiar with different types of data formats such as Parquet, Avro, Protobuf
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early-stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
- Competitive salary
- +30 days holiday
- Remote first company culture
- Flexibility in working times
- £1000 each year to expand your development
- Extensive home office budget
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
- We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.