As a Software Engineer – Infrastructure at PicnicHealth, you will be responsible for the reliability, efficiency, and architecture of our cloud, developer, and security operations. Day to day, you will take the lead to identify and resolve infrastructure issues, while supporting requests from our team. PicnicHealth’s engineering team is highly engaged and motivated, and as Software Engineer – Infrastructure, you will be a thought partner that helps our team level up the code we write. Alongside this work, you will write code yourself to improve the efficiency and experience of cloud, developer, and security operations. When you do your job well, people at the company come to depend on you to ensure that our engineering organization moves with high velocity.
Our Tech Stack:
- Cloud Vendors: GCP (primary), AWS, Azure
- Cloud-Native Services: Kubernetes, Cloud Functions/Run, Postgres, Redis, Pub/Sub, BigQuery, Airflow, Cloudflare
- Self-Hosted Services: GitHub Enterprise Server, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Hasura, Elasticsearch, Metabase, Grafana, Retool, LogRocket
- Languages/Frameworks: Python, Shell, TypeScript/Node.js, Terraform/Terragrunt, Helm, React, Apollo, GraphQL
As Software Engineer – Infrastructure, your responsibilities will include:
- Partner with developers throughout PicnicHealth. Work across our teams to ensure that our developers produce code that is efficient and secure at scale, while simultaneously architecting our cloud deployment to meet application needs.
- Own our incident response processes. Continuously maintain and provide front-line support for cloud infrastructure, DevOps, and security. Provide fall-back IT support for our San Francisco workforce. Escalate more complex problems as necessary to our internal and external support networks.
- Troubleshoot, escalate, or resolve issues in our developer workflow. Take the lead on sporadic issues arising from areas in our tech stack like Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Kubernetes, VMs, serverless workloads, VPC networking, Terraform/Terragrunt, Helm.
- Take ownership of our IaC. Lead the design, set up, and support of our cloud architecture, improving our Infrastructure as Code practices.
- Monitor, maintain, and upgrade all components of our infrastructure hosted on Google Cloud Platform, AWS, and Azure to meet best practices and compliance requirements as necessary
- Participate in our security and compliance team. Lead the engineering-related efforts to implement and enforce policy and technical controls to meet regulatory and contractual requirements; answer questions about our engineering infrastructure and operations.
- Improve the efficiency and experience of cloud, developer, and security operations. Write clean, effective, and reliable code in Python, Shell, TypeScript/Node.js to automate processes and improve operational efficiency.
You are a great fit if you have:
- Demonstrated skill in operating and troubleshooting Kubernetes, Linux, and VPC networking
- Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting PostgreSQL and queries
- Strong understanding of and recent experience with cloud-native concepts and products from at least one of GCP, AWS, Azure
- Demonstrated fluency in Python or TypeScript/Node.js
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a focus on automating processes to solve complex issues
Nice to Haves:
- Experience operating GPU-enabled workloads in Kubernetes
- Familiarity with modern SDLC practices and monorepos
- Recent experience with our tech stack
Perks & Benefits @PicnicHealth
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
We offer a hybrid set up for our team: team members in the Bay Area can work from the SF office on a flexible schedule; remote team members are expected to travel to in-person gatherings up to 4 times a year.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including above market Health, Dental, Vision
- Family friendly environment
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds for home office set up