Full Stack engineers at Yelp have the flexibility to grow their careers across a wide subset of software development. You will have the opportunity to develop highly performant APIs on the backend as well as creating the visual components that our users interact with every day. If you enjoy getting a broad understanding of how to build applications at scale, full stack is the role for you.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages creative solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in the Calgary area. We welcome applicants from throughout Alberta.
Where You Come In:
- You will design and build new features to connect Yelp users with businesses at a large scale.
- You will implement beautiful features that are modern and responsive.
- You will deploy projects in a Service-Oriented Architecture, all the way from backend services to fully-featured UIs.
- You will run A/B experiments and dive into the resulting data to look for trends.
- You will collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams.
- You will mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have a deep understanding of at least one popular server side web framework (Django, Flask, Rails, Pyramid, Laravel, Express, etc.) or modern JS frontend framework (React, Angular, Vue, Ember, etc.).
- You have an understanding of web security and performance best practices.
- You are comfortable working in a Unix Environment.