Fauna is the data API for modern applications. It is backed by a database that is serverless, fast, consistent, transactional, and globally distributed. Fauna allows developers to interact with data in convenient and powerful languages such as GraphQL and the Fauna Query Language (FQL), without baking complex consistency and transaction logic into their applications. Developers can get started with Fauna in seconds by creating a new database in the cloud, without the hassle of managing infrastructure.
The Developer Experience team at Fauna is responsible for the dashboards, services, drivers/clients (implemented in 6 programming languages), shell/command line interfaces (CLIs), accounts and billing systems, data analytics pipelines, and other tools that developers use to interact with our product. As a full stack Software Engineer on the team, you will work across the product portfolio in various languages and frameworks to ensure that the experience of working with Fauna is delightful for our customers. You’ll work with other exceptionally talented developers in a fast-paced environment as we scale the company and shake up a $40B+ industry.
- 3+ years doing professional software development as part of a team
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Understanding of foundational concepts in distributed systems
- 6+ years doing professional software development
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Polyglot with proficiency in multiple languages and frameworks such as Ruby and Rails
- Experience building applications that access data via GraphQL
- Experience deploying and operating web applications in Netlify, Vercel, or similar platforms
- Track record of designing thoughtful and intuitive user experiences
- High-level understanding of database management systems (DBMS) and data manipulation languages (DML) such as SQL
- Familiarity with release processes and CI/CD best practices
Candidates who exceed these qualifications are welcome to apply and will be considered for other positions with title and scope that are commensurate with their experience. Fauna currently operates as a fully remote company and this position is open to applicants anywhere in the world, with a preference to locations within +/- 3 hours of the Pacific Standard Timezone.
Backed by premier venture investors Madrona Venture Group, ADDITION, GV, and CRV, Fauna is a well-funded startup with a 100% remote organization. We’re led by an experienced leadership team hailing from Microsoft, Amazon, Okta, Twitter, Elastic, Juniper and Oracle. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations, and continually disrupt our market. To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. If you are the type of person who commits to a mission, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely