Grailed is looking for a mid-level Backend Software Engineer II, to solve complex problems gracefully, grow scalable systems, and help to shape our technical vision. We are solving a wide range of technical challenges as we power the world’s largest fashion marketplace.
This is an opportunity to join a team of smart, thoughtful engineers with a clean, robust tech stack. You’ll get to use some skills you already know, learn new ones, and help take the team to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build features and improvements
- Extend our API and frontend systems
- Add to and improve our testing environment
- QA and code review other engineers’ work
- Keep up with the latest development trends in backend technologies
- Collaborate with frontend and iOS team to ship seamless features
We are looking for:
- 2+ years of backend software engineering experience
- Experience building, maintaining, or architecting one or more production web applications
- Experience with performance tuning, REST architecture and iterative development
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language – preferably with Ruby on Rails (Python, Go, or Java are also acceptable)
- Familiarity with AWS or any of the other big cloud computing platforms (e.g. GCP, Azure, etc.) would be preferred.
- Experience working on databases is preferred
- Must be willing and able to work eastern timezone hours