As a member of the Acquia Platform team you will be working on the core services that enable and support all Acquia products to successfully deploy and run as durable, secure, highly available, scalable, and performant applications. The platform team utilizes the latest tools, technologies and patterns to solve these complex business problems through the creation and provisioning of highly available and scalable compute clusters built on top of Kubernetes. These clusters are optimized and hardened to support Acquia’s thousands of customers who trust us to deliver their digital brands and experience across the world to millions of users each day.
DESIGN, DEVELOP FEATURES THAT HELP EVOLVE THE TECHNICAL DIRECTION OF THE ACQUIA PLATFORM
- Work in a DevOps focused team owning and operating the services you create in accordance with service level objectives you define.
- Working on an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set with Product Owners.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Develop unit and automated integration tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production on a predictable cadence.
- Produce comprehensive software documentation for internal teams and our customers.
- Provide product support to internal and external stakeholders.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification and decision-making, and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers on the team.
- Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only his team but internal stakeholders as well.
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered not only for themselves, but for their teammates.
- Passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity.
- Experienced developing production services in multiple programming languages
- Very comfortable in a Linux environment
- Firsthand experience in Kubernetes operations and management
- Relevant technical degree or 3+ years equivalent experience
- Strong Object Oriented Programming experience in different programming languages, specifically Go
- Solid Linux OS system management
- Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, etc.
- Cloud hosting experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Compute)
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- Strong background with service oriented architecture, building scalable, reliable systems
- Polyglot Programmer with experience in varying languages PHP, Go, C, C++, Java, Python
- Kubernetes configuration and management experience specifically using
- AWS EKS setup using terraform and helm charts
- Operational experience with Fluentd, Prometheus, Istio, Calico, OPA
- Automation of Kubernetes API for deployment/updates/patching/upgrades of applications, daemon-sets, stateful-sets etc.
- Deployment of Apache Kafka and the management of enterprise data pipelines using this application framework
- Operational knowledge of Drupal in a production setting