At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that’s where you come in:
We are looking for an engineer for our Custom Development engineering team. You will work closely with our Solutions Consultants to build and deliver custom software to meet specific customer needs. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on the full lifecycle of the project from task breakdown, architecture, documentation, code, and environment setup using in-house PAAS and heroku.
What you will do:
- Deliver solutions writing clean well organized code.
- Develop integrated tests for code.
- Participate in code reviews, and provide feedback to team members.
- Work with customers and Solutions Consultants to propose solutions.
- Estimate development efforts to complete tasks.
- Respond to critical customer issues as they arise.
Here’s what you will need to know/have:
- Knowledge of Ruby, Java, or other OOO programming language.
- Ability to problem solve and break large complex problems into smaller understandable problems.
- Ability to work independently, but also know when to lean on the team for help.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Understanding of git.
- Estimate time for story or task
- 4-5 years software development experience.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree preferred but not required.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary and 401k.
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance.
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking.