A Software Developer in Test is responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of software applications and systems. They play a crucial role in identifying defects, verifying functionality, and ensuring that software meets the specified requirements and user expectations.
What you’ll get to do
- Validating and verifying the quality of deliverables throughout the development lifecycle
- Take ownership of product quality and release readiness.
- Creation of test plans and test cases in Jira using BDD specifications and Gherkin
- Syntax to assess the product features against the requirements
- Ensure traceability between product requirements, delivered code and test case verification
- Identify, share, and nurture the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability
- Provide leadership in continuous quality improvements for the product and processes
- Develop and leverage test automation frameworks to automate test cases against code base and to enforce high product test coverage
Skills and Experience we value
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years of testing experience in enterprise software development
- Strong experience in management and execution of Black Box, Integration, System, Functional, UI testing, API testing, Web Services testing (SOAP, REST, OData), WCF testing and Regression testing of various applications
- Solid experience creating and maintaining test automation frameworks using tools such as SpecFlow (Preferred), Selenium, FitNesse, and/or Cucumber
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database system
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile software development
- A self-motivated team player with an interest in continuous learning
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
What’s in it for you
Dayforce is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment.
We encourage individuals to apply based on their passions.
Dayforce encourages personal and professional growth. We offer excellent time away from work programs, comprehensive wellness initiatives and recognition through competitive pay and benefits.
With a commitment to community impact, including volunteer days and our charity, Dayforce Cares we provide opportunities for you to thrive both in your career and personal life. Our focus is not just on your job but on supporting you to be the best version of yourself.
Beware of fraudulent recruiting. Legitimate Dayforce contacts will use an @dayforce.com or @Ceridian.com email address. We do not request money, checks, equipment orders, or sensitive personal data during the recruitment process. If you have been asked for any of the above, or believe you have been contacted by someone posing as a Dayforce employee, please refer to our fraudulent recruiting statement found here: https://www.dayforce.com/be-aware-of-recruiting-fraud
- Job Family
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Pay Type
- Hiring Min Rate
- 74,600 USD
- Hiring Max Rate
- 133,400 USD