About Census 🔁
Census is how data teams at companies like Figma, Notion, Rippling, Clearbit, and Fivetran build better business operations.
With Census, analysts can turn their data warehouse into a single source of truth and publish their insights directly into the apps that marketing, sales, and success teams use daily. With richer customer data, these teams can build better campaigns, understand what users are doing, and ultimately drive more sustainable revenue.
Backed by a16z and Sequoia, we’re a hybrid team headquartered in San Francisco who love taking annoying problems most people avoid and building elegant solutions for them. We believe that data should be used for more than just making charts. This is why we built the first integration platform that works directly within cloud data warehouses.
Your Mission 🚀
Everyone at Census cares about making our customers’ job easier, faster, and more rewarding. But that’s literally your full time job. You have their back, and make sure they’ve got the tools and knowledge they need to get their work done.
You’ll manage a large portfolio of SMB accounts with a focus on enablement at scale and value realization. You’ll be responsible for driving growth and product adoption and ensuring retention of existing business.
The customer’s KPIs are your KPIs so you’ll need to understand their business even better than they do and then help them build solutions using Census, dbt, data warehouses, and the rest of the modern data stack.
Your responsibilities 🗓
- Leverage a combination of tech-touch and personal-touch outreach to proactively drive customer happiness, risk mitigation, and adoption.
- Manage the commercial aspects of existing accounts, drive net revenue retention, and forecast churn.
- Develop scalable strategies that can be used to gather usage, satisfaction, and feedback from our customers.
- Navigate client organizations to uncover additional product applications and explore opportunities for expansion.
- Represent the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback to guide the development of Census’ product roadmap.
- Stay up-to-date with product and market changes and enable customers on the existing platform, new offerings, and updates.
- Lead online webinars, consultations, and one-on-one demos to educate customers on the features of our product.
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our processes.
Our ideal candidate 🏅
- Experienced – 2+ years of B2B SaaS customer success, account management, or consulting experience, working with SMB accounts.
- Solve technical problems – Loves to nerd out on technical problems and construct creative out-of-the-box solutions.
- Background in data analysis – Direct experience writing advanced SQL to analyze arbitrary data sets (you know the stuff: aggregates, CTEs, window functions, etc). Bonus points for experience using any of the tools in the modern data stack.
- Curious – Interest in learning and exploring, experimenting, and teaching others.
- Focused on Building Relationships – Empathy for our customers and taking the time to understand their pains, needs, and wants. Willing to go the extra mile to make sure their issues are resolved.
- Communicator – Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a genuine desire to see other people succeed.
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) – Genuine desire and capability to navigate personal relationships and accomplish collaborative tasks.
- Self-motivated – Thrives on working in a startup environment, without the structure of big companies.
Our benefits 🏆
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (full platinum coverage for dependents)
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible time off (20+ days/year recommended)
- Parental leave