Our Platform Engineering team at Constant is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who will report into the Senior Director of Platform Engineering, working to solve complex problems across our stack. The ideal candidate is a tenacious problem solver with significant breadth and depth of technical knowledge. Our team’s mission is to provide a robust, stable platform that enables virtual and bare metal server provisioning in 25 data centers (and growing!) across the world. We believe that good site reliability engineering solves problems and identifies future work that help downstream teams build better quality into the systems they deliver. This is your opportunity to help make one of the most popular developer platforms even more stable for our 1.5 million users.
What you will take on:
- Work with our most senior engineers to learn our infrastructure and solve emerging problems
- Work with our observability experts to introduce proactive KPIs and alerts
- Work with the Senior Director of Platform Engineering to build out an SRE program
- Build out documentation-driven approaches for recurring site reliability issues for future delegation to junior SREs
- Identify scalable approaches to solving technical problems within our stack
Our new team member will need:
- Strong understanding of Linux
- Strong understanding of virtualization
- Coding abilities with PHP and Python
- Basic networking knowledge
Competitive Compensation and Benefits which include:
- Flexibility that comes from working remote
- Competitive compensation
- Health/ Dental/ Vision/ Flex Spending Benefits
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% contribution matching
- Looking to grow? Continuing Education Reimbursement of $1,000 each year!
- PTO + Sick + Personal Days + 8 Holidays + 1 Floating Holiday
- Initial and quarterly allowances for remote office setup, upgrades and replacements
- Monthly internet reimbursement
Salary Range: $115,000 – $145,000
This salary can vary based on location, years of experience, background and skill set.